Organizing MMA event in Pakistan

Bashir Ahmad

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So I am trying to organize an MMA event in around 2 months in Pakistan. I am trying to raise some money for flood relief. Obviously, Pakistan has some issues, one of them being a lack of cages or even rings for rent.

Now how do I go about getting around this. Yes, you heard me, assume that there is no ring nor cage. We have mats and those can be placed on the ground but you need a fenced in area. What is the most economical way of making this happen without making it look absolutely retarded.

This is a tough one.

Wooden posts in octagon shape with chicken wire strongly fastened to them. use regular foam/pads to pad the poles/door - make it tall enough to not have to pad on the top of the wire.

Around here railroad posts/telephone poles are like 8-20 bucks each, chicken wire is cheap, foam is relatively cheap...maybe 2-300 bucks for the cage if your labor is free.

Chicken wire, f'real? I can't imagine that not tearing people up or being strong enough to withstand impact. I'd think you have to go with vinyl coated fencing.

Yes, if you are going to cage route, vinyl coated fencing is the ONLY option. I'm hoping that chicken wire thing was a joke. So, unless you can find a steel manufacturer to construct a ring for you, I think you may be out of luck.

or you know...just use a normal ring. it works.

Back