organic food (aka luke cummo diet)

G

Gavin LeFever

anyone have thoughts on this? if it makes a difference or not?

Im a strong believer in organic food consumption.
Call me a hippy, liberal or whatever.

I try to eat what is unaffected by chemicals.
I believe that thats what nature intended.

Now practicing this in the western world is near impossible, especially being an athlete.
Truth is that just about everything we eat is touched by something, good or bad, whose to say.

Shop at whole foods and don't drink diet soda.

I see you over there KK.

*here come the flames*

yeah the problem is that most stores use the label 'organic' as a way to mark up prices 50% and that's not helping any rough fighters out. i dont even know enough about organic to not get jipped by believing anything a label says.

is there any realistic way to follow an organic diet? i've got no problem cooking or preparing my food, but ever dollar i save is one more dollar towards new gloves, or something along those lines.

i'm just looking for a diet or guideline so i dont feel like shit after eating what i eat. what i eat contributes to my performace 100% and i've seen that. i'm just looking for something to follow to keep performance up.

I try to eat just natural stuff like wild rice, chicken, nuts, fruit, and other shit like that. I don't know exactly what is meant by organic but I just go for stuff that generally isn't all packaged up and stuff though occasionaly I do drink protein shakes or have meal replacement bars once in a while.

Edit: post number 666

Organic food also seems to be more expensive than non-organic. It might be more difficult to find in most of the rural US.

you can for sure find organic food in rural areas.....hell, they have farmers markets all the time, where people home grow thier produce. I also recommend takin up gardening (yeah, I fuckin said it)

Sleep well, Eat well, clean livin friend...clean livin.

TwIsTeD&BrOkEn said:
you can for sure find organic food in rural areas.....hell, they have farmers markets all the time, where people home grow thier produce. I also recommend takin up gardening (yeah, I fuckin said it)

Sleep well, Eat well, clean livin friend...clean livin.

Yes.

Chad Hamilton said:
Im a strong believer in organic food consumption.
Call me a hippy, liberal or whatever.

I try to eat what is unaffected by chemicals.
I believe that thats what nature intended.

Now practicing this in the western world is near impossible, especially being an athlete.
Truth is that just about everything we eat is touched by something, good or bad, whose to say.

Shop at whole foods and don't drink diet soda.

I see you over there KK.

*here come the flames*

HIPPIE!!!!

LIBERAL!!!

Just kidding...

That is good advice. You have to find what works for you.

I think its a good idea. You should always try to eat the least processed foods that you can. Unfortunately, i can't afford to go fully organic because of the cost. But I still eat raw foods (sweet potatos, chicken breast, vegetables, etc). SO many people go to Whole Foods and get the "organic cheesecake" or "organic muffins" and think they're doing well.

I think the real reason why people who eat organic food are less obese is because you can't afford to eat a lot of food there. Just shop at whole Foods for one week and see how much it costs you!!! Yikes!! No Protein for you!!..lol..

Chad Hamilton said:
Raw sweet potato's, raw chicken breast?

Interesting.

I meant raw as in as little processing as possible. E.G. Chicken breast as opposed to chicken fingers or nuggets. Baked sweet potatos as opposed to french fries. gety the original product and not the byproduct.

No-one eats raw poultry, I hope! Salmonella is a bitch!!!
Raw veggies, like broccoli and spinach, good.
Raw meat, bad. :(

eljamaiquino said:
I meant raw as in as little processing as possible. E.G. Chicken breast as opposed to chicken fingers or nuggets. Baked sweet potatos as opposed to french fries. gety the original product and not the byproduct.

No-one eats raw poultry, I hope! Salmonella is a bitch!!!
Raw veggies, like broccoli and spinach, good.
Raw meat, bad. :(

Just givin a hard time.

Terumo said:
Sashimi excluded, I presume?

I like it, but there is a risk involved. Its your digestive system, so you decide!

I know Chad, Its all good!

people with the following conditions need to abstain completely from eating raw fish or shellfish:

liver disease
HIV/AIDS
diabetes
stomach disorders
inflammatory bowel disease
cancer
abnormal iron metabolism
other autoimmune disorders

Can I get sick from eating raw seafood?: http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/2595.html

If you can't grow it, shoot it, or catch it on a hook......leave it on the shelf. My wrestling coach used to say "if it comes in a box, keep it out of your mouth." These are guidlines, not commandments. Educate yourself on nutrition and form your own opinion. Men's Health has some good tips on healthy eating on their web site.

eljamaiquino said:
I like it, but there is a risk involved. Its your digestive system, so you decide!

I know Chad, Its all good!

people with the following conditions need to abstain completely from eating raw fish or shellfish:

liver disease
HIV/AIDS
diabetes
stomach disorders
inflammatory bowel disease
cancer
abnormal iron metabolism
other autoimmune disorders

Can I get sick from eating raw seafood?: http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/2595.html

It was really just a rhetorical question. I consider that list to be pretty restrictive, but then again, I consider the dangers of raw seafood (that has been handled and prepared properly) to be greatly overblown in this country. I'm a little surprised you didn't have pregnancy on that list.

I know I ate about $24 worth of Japanese snapper last nite, along with about $35 worth of Toro, and 3 Ichibans and I feel like a machine.

Chad Hamilton said:
I know I ate about $24 worth of Japanese snapper last nite, along with about $35 worth of Toro, and 3 Ichibans and I feel like a machine.
ichiban is my favorite beer.. and i consider myself.. a sushi connoisseur.. i love it! :wink:

supersudo said:
ichiban is my favorite beer.. and i consider myself.. a sushi connoisseur.. i love it! :wink:

My local sushi hangout has Ichiban on tap. Is it just me, or is Kirin really bad at bottling? The bottles taste like a completely different drink. It's like all of the body and flavor is gone--the only note of remaining character is the hoppiness. Sapporo, however, is almost impossible to discern tap from bottle. Who knows...

Sorry for the O/T.

Back