Organic Eggs: No better than regular eggs?

All I know is that I buy eggs down the street from me where the people there don't shoot their chickens up with anything and they get fed kitchen scraps and grasses and not just grains. The difference between them and the eggs I used to buy from the grocery store is HUGE both taste wise and looks wise. The eggs have a much stronger and nicer flavour, and the yolks are much darker. The shells are much thinner as well. I would classify this as being pretty close to organic since their chickens have free range and they do not use antibiotics etc. I have never bought organic eggs from the grocery store, so I can't compare them to the eggs that I buy now, and to the regular eggs from the same grocery store.

USDA? ? ? LOL USDA are full of corrupt government officials that keep raw milk illegal . . . saying it kills people when in reality I started drinking raw milk 2 years ago and I'm the healthiest I've ever been.

I can't remember where I read this, but it was some article stating that eggs with orange coloured yolks are typically of higher quality than eggs with yellower yolks. It sounded pretty racist at the time but I was wondering if there was any truth to it.

I looked at that article but I didn't see anything mentioning this: Did they test the fat content in both eggs? I would assume a chicken that has a healthier diet and isn't eating grains would have a better ratio of Omega 3's(in both their meat and eggs).

All I know is that I buy eggs down the street from me where the people there don't shoot their chickens up with anything and they get fed kitchen scraps and grasses and not just grains. The difference between them and the eggs I used to buy from the grocery store is HUGE both taste wise and looks wise. The eggs have a much stronger and nicer flavour, and the yolks are much darker. The shells are much thinner as well. I would classify this as being pretty close to organic since their chickens have free range and they do not use antibiotics etc. I have never bought organic eggs from the grocery store, so I can't compare them to the eggs that I buy now, and to the regular eggs from the same grocery store.

I am not a strictly organic shopper, but I do some work for an organic farm near me and barter with them for produce and eggs. I agree that taste wise there is a huge difference. And they are a completely different colour than general store bought eggs as you mention.

The one difference in your description is that the egg shells are solid as a rock, which I always heard is a good thing with eggs in relation to both quality and freshness.

I gotta assume there is some kind of health benefit when the chickens aren't being fed crap and pumped full of more crap. I can't help but be a little skeptical of that article. Even so, I'd personally still buy the organic eggs or free range eggs based on taste alone no matter what any article says. And I'd buy them from local farms because of the freshness factor.

Last edited:
I don't believe so, Mark. They only used the cutting edge technique from 1937 to measure the albumen because "the greater the amount of thick albumen, the more nutritious the egg."

The author is blasted in the comments about this and the final spin of the article. Chickens who roam free are less healthy than caged ones because of environmental contaminants.

It's incredible this article is from the same guy who wrote the book that was the basis of the Apollo 13 movie by Ron Howard. Google + wikipedia ftw.

one of my students has gamecocks (fighting chickens), and just regular roosters/hens. I like the eggs "sired" by the gamecocks. Sometimes the yolk is almost red it so dark. The taste is pretty good too.

I eat organic because it simply tastes better. At least the Organic foods where I am do. An organic fruit can't even be compared to a non organic fruit. Organic beef has a lot more flavor than non organic. Anyone saying there is no difference is a fucking retard imo:icon_chee

Don't give a shit - they taste a lot better just like organic milk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back