Crime Oregon votes to decriminalize meth, heroin, hard drugs

I'm okay with it. Decriminalized or not, it isn't going to make or break someone's drug addiction. But it will reduce the drain on the court system and prisons..aka reduce government spending.

Decriminalization isn't legalization.. there's an important distinction here.

You don't have to eliminate the police resources. Just reallocate. They will just be able to engage the community, prevent crimes and catch bad guys instead of playing wipe-ass with addicts.
Think we are saying the same thing but using different words. Reallocate. Redistribute. Either way, I think we are both optimistic this will lead to better use of police resources.

Think we are saying the same thing but using different words. Reallocate. Redistribute. Either way, I think we are both optimistic this will lead to better use of police resources.

Oh Yeah. Definitely will. Do a ride along with a cop and see how much of their time is spent dealing with substance abuse.

Oh Yeah. Definitely will. Do a ride along with a cop and see how much of their time is spent dealing with substance abuse.
Same thing with the courts. Lots of time and resources wasted on minor drug offenders.

Yeah decriminalizing methamphetamine is an awesome thing.

What progress.
Land of the free to live how Rygu thinks you should live.

now to make rape and murder legal to drastically lower rape and murder arrests.
Yes because voluntarily snorting white powder is the same thing as forcefully inserting your penis into someone.

Land of the free to live how Rygu thinks you should live.

Yes because voluntarily snorting white powder is the same thing as forcefully inserting your penis into someone.
You think people should be free to be hooked on meth?

Decriminalization ≠ legalization. Possession will still be confiscated. Suppliers will still be sought out and shut down. And criminal consequences have never deterred junkies anyway. Good move by Oregon.

I'm okay with it. Decriminalized or not, it isn't going to make or break someone's drug addiction. But it will reduce the drain on the court system and prisons..aka reduce government spending.

Decriminalization isn't legalization.. there's an important distinction here.
How does this work then? Stop and frisk and if you find drugs take them?

no. if you were pulled over for any reason, or were otherwise being searched/questioned by police, having drugs on you will not get you a drug charge.
Ahhhh. So the non violent drug offenders go free the violent ones still get time. I like.

I can't believe people have witnessed decades of war on drugs and still think "wow, this is really working, I hope nobody ever tries any other approach!".

Japan and Singapore don’t have a major drug problem.

Hey maybe the druggies from California can go there now.

Back