Crime Oregon votes to decriminalize meth, heroin, hard drugs

Well it's definitely failed if that's the attitude you have towards it. <JerryWWF>
Dude we tried fire and brimstone and it didn't work. How about we address mental health and income disparity, the biggest factors in drug abuse. Because we tried just throwing people in prison and things have only gotten worse.

Dude we tried fire and brimstone and it didn't work. How about we address mental health and income disparity, the biggest factors in drug abuse. Because we tried just throwing people in prison and things have only gotten worse.
I agree that we need to address mental health and income disparity so you do have a point. Let's see what happens in Oregon over the next couple years so we can get a bit more clarity into what should be done.

I agree that we need to address mental health and income disparity so you do have a point. Let's see what happens in Oregon over the next couple years so we can get a bit more clarity into what should be done.
Yeah to clarify I certainly don't think just decriminalizing drugs is some magic fix. I just don't think the current laws are having the desired effect of driving down drug related crime.

Yeah to clarify I certainly don't think just decriminalizing drugs is some magic fix. I just don't think the current laws are having the desired effect of driving down drug related crime.
Oregon can be our experiment. After thinking about it the war on drugs hasn't really fixed anything. I'm all for people doing whatever they want in private just worried about what's going to go down in public.

Oregon can be our experiment. After thinking about it the war on drugs hasn't really fixed anything. I'm all for people doing whatever they want in private just worried about what's going to go down in public.
Well the violence and theft often associated with drug abuse will still be illegal. It is an interesting experiment I'm down with not throwing nonviolent offenders in prison. It solves nothing. But I'm skeptical we make any real progress without addressing the root causes of drug abuse.

Back