Order/frequency of lifts

Jopo

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
On what days and what order should I do these. I'm really just lifting for health and to increase the weight i can move at the moment. Maybe on the power side for legs and endurance for upper body. Obviously I'm a noob but been lifting for the past few months.

I currently do front squats and bicep curls Saturdays and dips and pull ups the next day. I have best access to a gym on the weekends but other than that it could be difficult but not impossible. I have weights at my home somewhere. Also I do cardio mostly during the week. I can incorporate other exercises as well but I hear these are the core ones and it was better for me to just get started a while back. Thanks for advice.

also could I do deadlifts one day and squats the other? Deadlifts feel a lot like squats to me... should I do straight leg deadlifts?

Last edited:
S&C needs a FAQ. With info on good programs and how tos and what not. If only...

S&C needs a FAQ. With info on good programs and how tos and what not. If only...

Just wanted a quick answer on if i'm doing lifts on the right days. Didn't want to browse through some massive FAQ. I have moved my question to the noob thread. So so sorry, this must have been a great inconvenience for you. But I hope being a twat works out for you in the future.

Just wanted a quick answer on if i'm doing lifts on the right days. Didn't want to browse through some massive FAQ. I have moved my question to the noob thread. So so sorry, this must have been a great inconvenience for you. But I hope being a twat works out for you in the future.

They arent exactly a welcoming bunch around here but the FAQ isnt really massive and has some great info.

To answer your question (as a beginner/intermediate myself). Its really up to you. A lot of beginner plans believe in squatting every WO. Others like to split up squat days and deadlift days. Since Ive seen both strategies implemented in very respectable routines, I would say it is up to you.

In my experience it sort of depends on how hard you are hitting these lifts. I used to do Stronglifts, started with the bar, it was great when the weights were light, and I really think squatting every WO is great for beginners because you get so much practice with light weights to lock in that form but soon the 1 set of deadlifts after a hard squat day was pretty rough because my legs would still be shaking.

I really like the old CarnalSalvation beginner routines in (surprise) the FAQ. They suggest DL and squats on different days and I find myself performing better with that strategy.

If you're so lazy that you can't be bothered to take a few minutes to scroll through the FAQ and find a good program, how do you plan on becoming good at lifting weights?

Speaking of the future, yours doesn't look bright on the lifting front.

If you're so lazy that you can't be bothered to take a few minutes to scroll through the FAQ and find a good program, how do you plan on becoming good at lifting weights?

Speaking of the future, yours doesn't look bright on the lifting front.

This post was so succinct it made the centermost part of my WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WRITE.

Back