Optimizing Muscle Strength And Recovery With Carnitine-L-Tartrate(CLT), by David Barr

MikeMartial

Black Belt
Reaction score
Carnitine-l-tartrate

By David Barr
Taken from Elitefts.com

l-Carnitine-L-tartrate.gif

Through the haze of misinformation clouding the supplement industry, strength athletes are often left wondering if anything will actually help them. Recently, a little known supplement has emerged that can do just that. In this article, we

Cool, thanks Dave and Mike. I remember reading the '***Sherdog Exclusive***Top 3 Performance Supplements, by David Barr' thread and reading about Carnitine but not following it up. I'm gonna have another look at this. Thanks again.

This is helpful info, I was curious about CLT as a means of increasing recovery. Thanks, Dave.

Good read, thanks yet again to Dave and to Mike for posting.

Quick question: Where can one find CLT? I looked on TP, bulknutrition, and BB.com and couldn't find anything but Acetyl L-Carnitine & L-Carnitine.

Quick question: Where can one find CLT? I looked on TP, bulknutrition, and BB.com and couldn't find anything but Acetyl L-Carnitine & L-Carnitine.

NOW Carnitine products are from Carnopure sources, which is CLT. I found it at dpsnutrition, but I haven't ordered any - only researching still.

Much of the common "L-Carnitine" on the market is actually CLT. You just have to look at the label or other details for this info. CLT should be ubiquitous.

Much of the common "L-Carnitine" on the market is actually CLT. You just have to look at the label or other details for this info. CLT should be ubiquitous.

So the generic BulkNutrition brand L-Carnitine should be fine?

Bulk Nutrition - 1Fast400 L-Carnitine Powder at discount prices! (Amino Acids, Amino Acids, Bulk Amino Acids, Bulk Amino Acids, Amino Acid, Amino Acid, Amino Acid, L-Carnitine, L-Carnitine, L-Carnitine, L-Carnitine, L-Carnitine, Unmapped, Unmapped, U

Thanks for the article. I'm very interested in trying CLT for myself now.

i emailed true protein and they do not carry carnitine-l-tartrate (CLT).

I went ahead and bit the bullet, too. David recommends 500mg x twice a day, carb loaded.

Thanks for filling in Shotokan!
I've since refined the original suggestion somewhat. Currently: 2g/200lbs, with a nonlinear upward scaling with bw.

Currently: 2g/200lbs, with a nonlinear upward scaling with bw.

:icon_chee That confuses me a little. I assume with the term "nonlinear" that you wouldn't be recommending 2.2g at the weight of 220lbs (for example). So what is the scale and how does that affect lighter guys or is 2g your new minimum recommendation regardless of weight lower than 200lbs?

Thanks for filling in Shotokan!
I've since refined the original suggestion somewhat. Currently: 2g/200lbs, with a nonlinear upward scaling with bw.

So would you recommend 1g 2x's per day or can I just take 2g in my post-workout shake?

I ordered mine yesterday from BulkNutrition...it got here today.

Amazing service, those guys. It helps they're one state over, too, but still...TrueProtein doesn't send my stuff out for 2-3 days after I place an order.

I was considering getting ALC, but for the nootropic use.

Would it do equally well or would I have to purchase it as well (I think its a yes, but thought I would check)

I would purchase it as well. I know I take 1.5 grams a day of ALC and it doesn't have the effects he is describing for this compound. But I could be wrong, as I haven't researched much on this subject.

:icon_chee That confuses me a little. I assume with the term "nonlinear" that you wouldn't be recommending 2.2g at the weight of 220lbs (for example).

Good call.

So what is the scale and how does that affect lighter guys or is 2g your new minimum recommendation regardless of weight lower than 200lbs?

1g would be the minimum.
It's not too tough to dose lighter athletes. It's the 260lb guys I'm currently working out.:icon_conf

So would you recommend 1g 2x's per day or can I just take 2g in my post-workout shake?

Although there are no specific data in this case, I almost always prefer divided doses for supplementation (which I do for CLT).

Back