Opro

Gsoares2 said:
Oh you asked chuck huh?
So you own a biteme and opro and that is where coming with all these "facts" right? I dont see the point in spending 100$+ when you can get an excellent product for 50$..
Uh, once again, Chuck is not sponsored by BITEME, yes I know this for a fact. I'm amazed you can claim that OPRO is the best, when you've never seen a biteme, to further add insult to your own intelligence, you then ignorantly proclaim that the only reason fighters wear biteme is because they are paid. I'm simply informing you of your ignorance. next time do some resaerch and back your claims up with fact, before you mislead the people in theese forums. OPRO is a decent mouthguard. Bitememouthguards are hand made, not off a machine, and are better. Again, that is why fighters wear them, for free.

uhhhh, if fighters wear them for free, doesn't that effectively make them sponsored?

I have no endorsement deal and I own an Opro but because I have seen them side by side I would purchase a Biteme if I could do it all over again.

What's the difference Bobby?

Like I've never owned anything other than a boil and bite (that funnily enough I don't wear anymore unless I KNOW I'm gonna get hit).

Like from what you've seen could you break it down to stuff like construction, strengthm pros and cons?

I was looking at an pro impact from opro and a $105 version from biteme. The biteme was slightly stiffer and had more coverage behind the front teeth. I didn't wear it since it was a partners and would have felt slightly awkward in my mouth. Both were very thick. I don't think you can go wrong but the coverage just seemed better. Couple all of that with the fact that biteme is pro mma (whereas opro is not sponsoring anybody in mma) and puts a lot of emphasis on the mma market and I woould go with them. Plus if you want to spend the exta$ you can get some very cool designs.

I think OPro is a world wide company that just produces mouth guards of different requirements. I mean they apparently provided mouthguards for the ENgland rugby team which is pretty good.

I had already picked up a 5 stripe design for my mouthguard and had emailed them asking for more info on whether I could have little decal like designs on the sides and whether there was any deal that could be made if I got different people together and put together like a order of 10 different ones and no reply.

Like I'd order 2 and going by the prices I've seen it'll cost me $160AUD. A BiteMe of the same design, from what I gather from the site would cost me $105 + 4 X 3.50 (colours) + 10 (S&H) + 25 (custom) for a single mouthguard and all in USD too. I can't justify the difference in price at all unfortunately :-(

But it'd be nice if those guards replied to my email!

Bobby Jacobsen said:
I was looking at an pro impact from opro and a $105 version from biteme. The biteme was slightly stiffer and had more coverage behind the front teeth. I didn't wear it since it was a partners and would have felt slightly awkward in my mouth. Both were very thick. I don't think you can go wrong but the coverage just seemed better. Couple all of that with the fact that biteme is pro mma (whereas opro is not sponsoring anybody in mma) and puts a lot of emphasis on the mma market and I woould go with them. Plus if you want to spend the exta$ you can get some very cool designs.

On that note I would feel much better about spending acouple extra bucks on a company that supports MMA and makes a superior product.

I don't think biteme is supporting mma directly. They make a great product that are used for contact sports and a lot of fighters in mma happen to use them. I'm sure there are boxers and stuff that use them too.

BTW, congrats on the spiffy new belt. But remember, a belt is only good for holding your pants up

If you go to their website it has pictures of mma fighters exclusively. Opro's website has zero pictures of anything related to mma.

And Biteme has several of their reps on message boards answering ?'s from mma fans, opro does not.

lol, in fairness, Opros don't have pictures of many things at all.

Which boards to BiteMe have reps on?

Back