Opro mouthguards

miktmo

White Belt
Reaction score
Sorry for this, I'm sure this has been done before but the search function is down.

I need a new mouthguard and am 95% sure it will be an opro. Has anyone had any bad experiences with them? What's the difference between the Medium, Heavy and Pro Impact? I want something I can still breathe with but will also stay on my teeth (every time I open my mouth my $0.99 mouthpiece falls out). Anyone know what the turnaround time to receive the molding kit, and then the actual mouthguard? All comments appreciated. Thanks.

i have the Pro Impact, its awsome, the turn around time is fast as long as you send them the mold back asap. nothing wrong with opro.

mmm im telling you guys, the way to go is a custom made atheltic one from ur dentist.

they make the mold, they make the guard. I have the PERFECT fit on mine, and if it ever gets uncomfortable they know how to trim it down. Very cheap here in Aus, claim it on a deduction :)

~Foz

does anyone know the website to bite me mouthguards? been looking around for them to check them out but i can't find anything.

I would put Kiss Me on mine, get that Psychological advantage on my opponent.

Fozzy said:
mmm im telling you guys, the way to go is a custom made atheltic one from ur dentist.

they make the mold, they make the guard. I have the PERFECT fit on mine, and if it ever gets uncomfortable they know how to trim it down. Very cheap here in Aus, claim it on a deduction :)

~Foz

I checked into that, but they are much more expensive here. It was much cheaper to order the Opro impression kit and do it myself.

TimPlu said:
fuck yeah they are! i think it's pretty sweet that you can have your name or school or whatever phrase you want added to the front tho.

yea the customization is really sweet! But I don't see my paying well over $100 for a mouth piece. My $99 does me fine right now, but when I start training striking full time I just might change my tune.

[QUOTE=Phen

Brandinho said:
I checked into that, but they are much more expensive here. It was much cheaper to order the Opro impression kit and do it myself.

that's really a shame man, we have medicare here, and you can claim it on a dental coverage part of the deal, so it costs like $120 usually, or something, and ends up only costing like $60 bucks. it's awesome.

:)

~Foz

Fozzy said:
that's really a shame man, we have medicare here, and you can claim it on a dental coverage part of the deal, so it costs like $120 usually, or something, and ends up only costing like $60 bucks. it's awesome.

:)

~Foz

Try out the US sometime. I pay through the roof for health and dental care and they hardly cover shit!

really Though I have seen ones that dentists make and I think the opros are as good or better. you send in your mold so its basicaly same as a dentist but they only make mouthgards as a dentist does alot of diffrent things.

I took Fozzy advice and checked with my dentist, they said they could do it for $32.00, and have it to me the day after they took my impressions. I was pretty disapointed with the outcome, although the mouthguard fits in my mouth very well, it seems way too thin and flimsly. I ordered the pro-impact from o-pro (Friday), I should be receiving my "kit" sometime in the next few days.

miktmo said:
I took Fozzy advice and checked with my dentist, they said they could do it for $32.00, and have it to me the day after they took my impressions. I was pretty disapointed with the outcome, although the mouthguard fits in my mouth very well, it seems way too thin and flimsly. I ordered the pro-impact from o-pro (Friday), I should be receiving my "kit" sometime in the next few days.

Thats exactly why i also have a opro, the dentist ones should be a perfect fit , but they might be a little to thin for hight impact sports, the opro you can order in like two different thinkneses, and the fit is still great.

You can't beat Opro.

End of Thread.

hey guys, I just received the direct impression system kit from OPRO...and I noticed there is a paper that says "please ensure putties are fully refrigerated before use." Does this mean I have to place the putty containers in the referigerator over night?

I don't mean to sound like a complete "biter"....but I really like the Arlovski fangs.........can opro or bite me mouthguards do that for me? If so how much?

physicaltherapy said:
I don't mean to sound like a complete "biter"....but I really like the Arlovski fangs.........can opro or bite me mouthguards do that for me? If so how much?

I doubt it but you would have to contact them and see. I like his mouthpiece too but I have not found one :mad:

Hmm I hope I can get a opro one with a dominican flag printed on it.

Back