Opinion Opposing section 8 housing is racist?

?????????

It never ceases to amaze me how the children of Gen Y and Z say shit like this. I can't tell if it is the indoctrination in school and/or the nationwide efforts of the left to rewrite history.

Yes, at one time Black's like nearly every other group of people on planet fucking earth have been oppressed. Today for every poor black person in America there are 10 poorer white children in middle america. There are also a ton of rich Blacks in America and black children who are in the 1% of the 1% by being born lucky.

Empty excuses is why things never change.
1st, we aint talking about the planet, we are talking about my homeland, the United States of America.

-The median Black family in America have a net worth of $1700 without depreciating assets, the median white family have a net worth of $110,000. Obviously there isn't "tons" of rich Black people if the median net worth is the price of a iPhone 11 Pro Max.

-White High School dropouts have more wealth than Black College Grads. So wtf are you talking about?

Having poor people live in neighborhoods they otherwise couldn't afford causes property value to go down in that neighborhood. It also makes the schools worse, and brings in more crime. This is all because poverty breeds more crime, and worse schools, which in turn, lowers home values.

Shut up, racist.

J/K. :D

Obviously those are legit concerns for those who don't want Section 8 housing to be built close to their property.

A more aggressive, rather than defensive, method to address such concerns to politicians who are in favor of building Section 8 housing is to ask why don't they approve it being built next to their own personal property. Because the politicians who favor such policies are never in favor of it when it effects their personal finances negatively, only others.

If people need affordable homes, as this wealth gap continue to grow, I don't care about property value.

Both parties been hostile to Black Americans throughout history.

The government redistributing money so that flourishing is harder for people who purchased (or want to purchase) homes with money they've earned and/or been given through voluntary transfer is wrong.

No, I'm pretty good on what I'm talking about.

Section 8 housing is actually multiple programs with various components. One of those components was and is attached to new construction. Builders and developers seeking federal assistance with their construction were obligated to provide a certain amount of affordable housing in their development plans. This area is where my prior post about circumventing the intent fits in.

Here's what happened: Builder asked for federal money to build a new real estate development. The federal government said "Sure, here's the money but you need to include affordable housing within the development." The builder then leaned on local politicians to allow him to put his intended housing in one place and stick all of his affordable housing far away from the development. The local politicians manipulated the zoning and other rules to let the developer sidestep the federal requirement. People have been fighting reverse this abuse of the law since the 40s and 50s.

That was the original Section 8.

The current fight about rental assistance and vouchers is the continuation of that same fight to have the program implemented as intended. As the specifics of the program has changed, the general intent and fight has not - which is ensure that the program created mixed income neighborhoods.
Whats the point in having the program implemented as intended when current section 8 recipients can pick and choose where they want to live? Who cares if local politicians side stepped federal regulations and stuck a bunch of poor people in the same area, those people no longer HAVE to live there. Not that they had to live there in the first place. In the U.S. poverty is a choice IMO, I'm sure you don't agree with that, but that's how I feel.

Whats the point in having the program implemented as intended when current section 8 recipients can pick and choose where they want to live? Who cares if local politicians side stepped federal regulations and stuck a bunch of poor people in the same area, those people no longer HAVE to live there. Not that they had to live there in the first place. In the U.S. poverty is a choice IMO, I'm sure you don't agree with that, but that's how I feel.
This leads us back to where I said that people don't understand the history of the legislation or the the reality that this fight has been going on since before most of us were born.

I'll simply leave you at this point "Who care about implementing government legislation as intended." Quite a few people care, it was our tax dollars. Not to mention all of the negative consequences that remain unresolved because the prior malfeasance goes unaddressed.

It's like saying, who cares that someone stole money from the stopre? People who shop there today can always shop elsewhere. Blissfully ignorant of all the effects that arose from the theft and are impacting customers today. It's a facile way to look at things but I'll leave you to it.

Obviously you don't live in Cali. We are in need of cheaper housing.

Then stop voting for liberals who make building impossibly expensive!!!

I did a remodel and my fucking God! The taxes, fees, regulations and codes. It just drained everything from me. Pure insanity.

And they are such sticklers to the details!

I wish I was an illegal or homeless... Because they don't have to follow any law! Fuck you CA!

This leads us back to where I said that people don't understand the history of the legislation or the the reality that this fight has been going on since before most of us were born.

I'll simply leave you at this point "Who care about implementing government legislation as intended." Quite a few people care, it was our tax dollars. Not to mention all of the negative consequences that remain unresolved because the prior malfeasance goes unaddressed.

It's like saying, who cares that someone stole money from the stopre? People who shop there today can always shop elsewhere. Blissfully ignorant of all the effects that arose from the theft and are impacting customers today. It's a facile way to look at things but I'll leave you to it.
Bad comparison, and that's only the way you see it. IMO its like the store owner saying "hey we keep getting robbed, but instead of moving our store to an area with less crime. Lets hire security, put bars on the doors/windows, put in security cameras and then offset the cost of those measures by hiking up the price of our goods.

In any case what you said is true, if you don't like the price of goods in the store you are going to, go somewhere else.

Last edited:
1st, we aint talking about the planet, we are talking about my homeland, the United States of America.

-The median Black family in America have a net worth of $1700 without depreciating assets, the median white family have a net worth of $110,000. Obviously there isn't "tons" of rich Black people if the median net worth is the price of a iPhone 11 Pro Max.

-White High School dropouts have more wealth than Black College Grads. So wtf are you talking about?
$1,700 is so low though, that's way more obviously lifestyle choices. How could you possibly blame that on racism?

The government redistributing money so that flourishing is harder for people who purchased (or want to purchase) homes with money they've earned and/or been given through voluntary transfer is wrong.
The money was already redistributed. Black Americans never got reparations for their labor, that wealth didn't disappear, what are you talking about? The government don't owe your property values to always go up.

$1,700 is so low though, that's way more obviously lifestyle choices. How could you possibly blame that on racism?
What lifestyle choice? You claiming Black Americans have some inherit issue? Black people in America have a slight higher saving rate than white Americans so what choices are you talking about?

What lifestyle choice? You claiming Black Americans have some inherit issue? Black people in America have a slight higher saving rate than white Americans so what choices are you talking about?
The African American savings net worth in non-depreciating assets of $1,400 that you mentioned, if that's the true number. A number that low can't be blamed on racism or historical racism. It's just too low. Saving $10 a week would save up 4 times that in 10 years. Example: average African American woman is 5'3" 190 lbs, man is 5'9" 200 lbs. Cutting $10 a week on that one lifestyle choice would be easy. 20% of African Americans are smokers. A pack a day is $30,000 over 10 years. That's another lifestyle choice that would be easy to change. You're telling me the reason African Americans can't save $10 a week, or can only save $1400 it total non-depreciating net worth, is because of racism or historical racism?

The same goes for poor white people complaining they can't save money and blaming their own failures on other, richer people. "I can't save money because of Jeff Bezos!," while walking around at like 5'9 190 lbs on average.

Last edited:
The African American savings net worth in non-depreciating assets of $1,400 that you mentioned, if that's the true number. A number that low can't be blamed on racism or historical racism. It's just too low. Saving $10 a week would save up 4 times that in 10 years. Example: average African American woman is 5'3" 190 lbs, man is 5'9" 200 lbs. Cutting $10 a week on that one lifestyle choice would be easy. 20% of African Americans are smokers. A pack a day is $30,000 over 10 years. That's another lifestyle choice that would be easy to change. You're telling me the reason African Americans can't save $10 a week, or can only save $1400 it total non-depreciating net worth, is because of racism or historical racism?

The same goes for poor white people complaining they can't save money and blaming their own failures on other, richer people. "I can't save money because of Jeff Bezos!," while walking around at like 5'9 190 lbs on average.
I just told you in a previous post that Black Americans have a higher saving rate than white Americans yet you're still trying to give a savings lesson. Smh, you're not embarrassed that you're an adult American yet you know next to nothing about Jim Crow, U.S Slavery, and Redlining?

https://www.amazon.com/Color-Law-Forgotten-Government-Segregated/dp/1631492853

Welcome to the 21st century.

I just told you in a previous post that Black Americans have a higher saving rate than white Americans yet you're still trying to give a savings lesson. Smh, you're not embarrassed that you're an adult American yet you know next to nothing about Jim Crow, U.S Slavery, and Redlining?
Clearly they're not saving enough if all they have is $1400. All those things that ended before multiple ethnic groups came over here with much less than African Americans have and are now doing great, somehow managing to get non-depreciating asset net worths much higher than $1400 (average Asian American net worth is $680,000). Eventually it's going to be 2100, the same crime problems will still exist, African Americans will still have the same $1400 non depreciating asset net worth, and you're still going to be blaming Jim Crow and redlining.

I spent three years volunteering at a non-profit that was all about helping poor people better themselves.

Most frustrating thing I have ever done in my life.

90% of the people there, no matter how much help you gave them, suggestions you made, opportunities you offered to them, they weren't willing to help themselves. All they wanted was free, free, free, gimmie, gimmie, gimmie, everyone in the world owes me, I am the biggest victim ever etc......

Racism or the color of their skin had nothing to do with their lack of success. They were simply not willing to work hard, sacrifice and better themselves, even when you offered them a complete road map to success that didn't cost them a single penny. Laziest bunch of people ever. They had excuses for everything on why what you offered would not work for them.

Meanwhile, you would sit down with an immigrant who barely spoke english, from some war torn shithole country, who just a few months ago was suffering from some real shit and didn't even know if they would be alive if they couldn't get out (not, oh my parents 50 years ago suffered racism) and in less than a year they would have their shit together, start prospering and no doubt in the future their kids will become doctors, engineers, scientists etc.....

In one generation the families of these people are going to go from being poor as shit, to upper middle class.

I am all about offering help and opportunities for those that are less fortunate and have to start life at the bottom rungs, but if they make the choice of not being willing to work hard, sacrifice and help themselves, fuck them.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, you would sit down with an immigrant who barely spoke english, from some war torn shithole country, who just a few months ago was suffering from some real shit and didn't even know if they would be alive if they couldn't get out (not, oh my parents 50 years ago suffered racism) and in less than a year they would have their shit together, start prospering and no doubt in the future their kids will become doctors, engineers, scientists etc.....

In one generation the families of these people are going to go from being poor as shit, to upper middle class.

I am all about offering help and opportunities for those that are less fortunate and have to start life at the bottom rungs, but if they make the choice of not being willing to work hard, sacrifice and help themselves, fuck them.

This is so true. We immigrated to Canada in 84. Dad took a job slinging drywall for $1.90 and mom cleaned houses for a buck. Minimum wage was around 3.25/hr. Within four years dad was running his own company while mom did the books and worked part time at a chicken place. While we didn't come from a war torn shit hole the possibility of getting ahead through hard work didn't exist so they seized the opportunity when they could. Language barrier, strange names and prejudices be damned. And us kids didn't turn out to be doctors or engineers we're doing just fine. You gotta take control of your own destiny.

fuck your neighborhoods. move in the bums. people shouldnt be living in cities anymore anyway, theres no point what with covid and all. Move to the mountains or the desert, get some acreage for cheap, and never again worry about your neighbors.

Those who embrace it don't actually live in areas where it's implemented. We had a lengthy thread on this a few days ago and many many posters had horrifying stories of their once livable neighborhoods becoming shitholes very quickly to the point they had to move to escape it. Imagine working hard in life to provide for your family all so that one day that safety and security goes out the window through no fault of your own.
This is the most accurate thing I’ve read on Sherdog and I’ve been on here for 17 years. I bought a condo in a very nice, predominantly white town, a few years back. Now I’m not exaggerating, the split second the town made the fatal mistake of letting in section 8 it went to shit and the white flight immediately happened. I was baffled by how much everyone tried to embrace it and then quickly fled. The section 8 folks were all the same, littered constantly, I mean they would just open their car door and throw their garbage on the street. Noise, my God, they would blast music, have parties, invite over ten friends every day. None of them worked! It was insane, and if they did work it was of course a home auto body shop which meant 8 cars parked all across the street so you couldn’t park anywhere. They never even attempted to be friendly or anything, just awful in every sense.

anyone who supports section 8 has never ever lived amongst those people, and you all know the people im talking about. A bunch of Swedes didn’t ruin my neighborhood.

You mean they don't build high density housing next to Pelosi and Obama's homes?
Right! I remember tucker Carlson saying, “they won’t be in Martha’s Vineyard or bel air where the millionaires live, the very politicians who support section 8, they will be in your suburb”. Whatever middle class we had will be further ruined.

If there is section 8 in your neighborhood, it means you aren't wealthy enough to get away from section 8 housing. Better pull yourself up by the straps harder.
This is a fact. In my county there are 18 towns, 16 of which invited in low income section 8 and everyone is miserable! We have two towns in our county that are straight up rich, like Kennedy clan level wealth, and of course they said NO to section 8. Somehow the state just forces it on most towns, and only the wealthy don’t have to give in.

Back