Oppinions on which country has the best mma fighters (non biased please)

ironkhan57

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok i'm just curious what you guys oppinion on which country has the best mma fighters. And please no biased comments, like "USA!!" Or whatever, give reasons why you think they have the best mma fighters.

Aparently in one fc the dominant country in there is the Philippines. Ufc it's mostly american if i remember correctly (tyron woodley, tj dillashaw, max hollaway, henry cejudo, jon jones, and daniel cormier are the champions and they're all american).

So which country do you think has the best mma fighters? And give reasons why. And don't say because they're strong or whatever.

There is no right answer..you have to look at the quality of the amateur and low ranking competition and not just at the Elite talent..because the Elite talent is biased by which top organizations exist in which country..but to give it a shot..

When it comes to Woman's fighters it's Japan...

When it comes to Asian fighters it's Japan

When it comes to white fighters IMO Russia is as good as America in the regional scene

When it comes to black/tanned fighters it's Brazil

When it comes to LGBT fighters USA is #1

When it comes to Hairy fighters it's Russia

When it comes to kids it's Russia

When it comes to manlets 125 and lower I still think it's Japan since the Thais won't take MMA seriously

When it comes to large heavyweights Russia and USA are about the same

I am basing my picks on which country contains the most fighters at a decent regional level and not based on Elite fighters where USA is #1 because of Bellator, UFC, WSOF etc all being based in the USA

no matter which way you spin, Brazil, Russia, Japan, USA all quality with real grass roots MMA action and all big countries (populations of at least 100 million and decent amount of money)

There is no right answer..you have to look at the quality of the amateur and low ranking competition and not just at the Elite talent..because the Elite talent is biased by which top organizations exist in which country..but to give it a shot..

When it comes to Woman's fighters it's Japan...

When it comes to Asian fighters it's Japan

When it comes to white fighters IMO Russia is as good as America in the regional scene

When it comes to black/tanned fighters it's Brazil

When it comes to LGBT fighters USA is #1

When it comes to Hairy fighters it's Russia

When it comes to kids it's Russia

When it comes to manlets 125 and lower I still think it's Japan since the Thais won't take MMA seriously

When it comes to large heavyweights Russia and USA are about the same

I am basing my picks on which country contains the most fighters at a decent regional level and not based on Elite fighters where USA is #1 because of Bellator, UFC, WSOF etc all being based in the USA

no matter which way you spin, Brazil, Russia, Japan, USA all quality with real grass roots MMA action and all big countries (populations of at least 100 million and decent amount of money)

Lmao at LGBT fighters. Thats funny as hell.

265 - USA
205 - USA
185 - AUS
170 - USA
155 - RUS
145 - USA
135 - USA
125 - USA

W145 - BRA
W135 - BRA
W125 - KYR
W115 - USA
W105 - JPN

conclusion: USA (7/13), not sure how this could be debatable

Ok i'm just curious what you guys oppinion on which country has the best mma fighters. And please no biased comments, like "USA!!" Or whatever, give reasons why you think they have the best mma fighters.

Aparently in one fc the dominant country in there is the Philippines. Ufc it's mostly american if i remember correctly (tyron woodley, tj dillashaw, max hollaway, henry cejudo, jon jones, and daniel cormier are the champions and they're all american).

So which country do you think has the best mma fighters? And give reasons why. And don't say because they're strong or whatever.
With all hespect, "best" MMA fighters only makes sense according to a specific Fight Configuration and Rule set.

For instance, I might consider Fighter A > Fighter B when it comes to skill set, but at the same time I might also acknowledge that Fighter B is more 'UFC-ready' for instance, considerin´ the UFC´s Fight configuration & Scoring Criteria...

Matter of perspective...

The country with the best MMA infrastructure, same thing with best styles and athletes. A guy working out at a state of the art gym, with professional coaches, and does not have to hold down a second job, will be better than a guy training alone in his basement. Money makes fighters, if your country has it, or can move to a country that has it, your chances at success increase dramatically.

The obvious answer is the United States. American fighters are much more advantaged as UFC and Bellator (the two biggest promotions are in the United States). US will always the top country for mma fighters. Next up would be probably Brazil and Russia. They probably share the 2nd place

And I dont agree on Japan anymore. Tell me any decent Japanese MMA fighter who is active right now

And I dont agree on Japan anymore. Tell me any decent Japanese MMA fighter who is active right now

Horiguchi
Top 3 FLW Worldwide (5 at worst)
Just beat Bellator BW champ

How is this even debatable? It’s the USA.

Also, Japan is overrated as fuck when it comes to fighters and has been that way for a long ass time. They seem to almost always become mediocre the second they step outside yakuza controlled glorious Nippon.

USA easily.

When it comes to combat sports in general based off genetics 2 regions at the moment stand out for me. First is the Caucasus region which includes the south of Russia: Dagestan, Chechnya and other neighboring countries like Armenia and Azerbaijan. From kickboxers like Petroysan, Chingiz and Grigorian to MMA fighters like Khabib and Zabit. Even in amateur wrestling and Judo that region as a whole has produced some really good combat athletes.

Secondly is West Africa. Not just based off most African Americans, Afro Cubans and Afro Brazilians originally being from West Africa but even today guys that were born in West Africa like Israel Adensaya, Kamaru Usman and Francis Ngannou.

Horiguchi
Top 3 FLW Worldwide (5 at worst)
Just beat Bellator BW champ
Maybe in top 3 in Asia, but no way in the whole world. Even top 5 in the world is a stretch as horiguchi is not in the UFC so we have no way of comparing him against the top of the bunch.

How is this even debatable? It’s the USA.

Also, Japan is overrated as fuck when it comes to fighters and has been that way for a long ass time. They seem to almost always become mediocre the second they step outside yakuza controlled glorious Nippon.

james3.gif

BTW, aint you a No Rush fan?

lolol.png

265 - USA
205 - USA
185 - AUS
170 - USA
155 - RUS
145 - USA
135 - USA
125 - USA

W145 - BRA
W135 - BRA
W125 - KYR
W115 - USA
W105 - JPN

conclusion: USA (7/13), not sure how this could be debatable
Jus´curious...

Who are, for instance, these dominant AUS fighterS @ 185 ?....

Maybe in top 3 in Asia, but no way in the whole world. Even top 5 in the world is a stretch as horiguchi is not in the UFC so we have no way of comparing him against the top of the bunch.
He already fought in the UFC. Left as #3 in the world with a 7 win 1 loss record only to DJ. Was only 24 year old, haven't started training at ATT yet and had no TDD, which he developed later at ATT for 4 years. In his loss to DJ, he was a last minute replacement who didn't really train for 5 rounds, says he is not ready yet essentailly went all 5 rounds with DJ and outstruck DJ standing according to scoreboard. Right after this fight DJ fights Cejudo and KTFO of Cejudo in just 1 round. How is he at least not top 5? Everyone at ATT thinks he is top FLW, including Munhoz, Renato and Barboza.

Last edited:

what a horrible take. Kyoji left the UFC on a three fight winning streak. there is really no argument him not being top 3 in the world.

what a horrible take. Kyoji left the UFC on a three fight winning streak. there is really no argument him not being top 3 in the world.
Three win fighting streak more than 2 years ago and is now fighting in Rizin. I thought we were looking at today's rankings. Also, it is not like his 3 win streak was against top level guys. His last win in ufc was over ali bagautinov, who lost both to benavidez and dj. What I am saying is he cannot be top 3, no way.

Back