Oplot Challenge is dead?

VolkHan

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If somebody remember this recent Ukrainian org, they used to have a shitload of events, every week one for pros and one for white collars.

I thought it's ok and wealthy continuing to develop new fighters both men and women, but as I c in the fighfinder they stopped after OC 100 in February:
Oplot Challenge events

I checked the site and this is the last message:
Today FC "Oplot" will not work!

No good news I think.

Probably on hiatus until things in Ukraine calm down. Shit's a war zone over there right now.

Yeah, the Ukraine's a little unstable at present. Probably got better things to do than put on MMA cards.

I've been wondering about this. It looks like the last event took place on February 15th. Their President fled on the 21st so that seems to check out. February 26th was the day that the whole Crimean conflict started. They had an event scheduled for the 22nd that was cancelled.

Interestingly enough, the Russian promotion Tech-Krep FC held a show in Crimea recently.

I've been wondering when they're returning also. Watching Oplot became a part of my Saturday mma routine.

LIVE STRONG!

It's serious, pals, Oplot wasn't just your regular promotion, it was an organized movement (NOT criminally organized) with its own businesses running and sport clubs of different kinds under partonage, they were doing great job promoting sports, healthy lifestyle and traditional family values, but for their strongly pro-Russian position Oplot is now disbanded, their main base was hijacked and then robbed, their leader and the founder of the movement - Eugeny Zhilin - is now on the federal wanted list in the Ukraine as one of the key anti-maidan people, so he flee to Russia.
There is a meeting planned (not sure about the date, maybe it's already passed) in Moscow, organized by Alexey Oleynik and other ex-Oplot guys where they should announce what they are up to now. But the Ukrainian Oplot is done.

Last edited:
It's serious, pals, Oplot wasn't just your regular promotion, it was an organized movement (NOT criminally organized) with its own businesses running and sport clubs of different kinds under partonage, they were doing great job promoting sports, healthy lifestyle and traditional family values, but for their strongly pro-Russian position Oplot is now disbanded, their main base was hijacked and then robbed, their leader and the founder of the movement is now on the federal wanted list in the Ukraine as one of the key anti-maidan people, so he flee to Russia.
There is a meeting planned (not sure about the date, maybe it's already passed) in Moscow, organized by Alexey Oleynik and other ex-Oplot guys where they should announce what they are up to now. But the Ukrainian Oplot is done.

I hope those guys continue to do shows, there's new people from the region fighting now all the time. I also hope someone in Ukraine can step up so their guys have a way to keep fighting.

Maybe both sides need to just get together over a good MMA card and realize how much they really have in common.

I mean... come on.

It's serious, pals, Oplot wasn't just your regular promotion, it was an organized movement (NOT criminally organized) with its own businesses running and sport clubs of different kinds under partonage, they were doing great job promoting sports, healthy lifestyle and traditional family values, but for their strongly pro-Russian position Oplot is now disbanded, their main base was hijacked and then robbed, their leader and the founder of the movement - Eugeny Zhilin - is now on the federal wanted list in the Ukraine as one of the key anti-maidan people, so he flee to Russia.

Thanks for the explanation. The situation is even more dire than I thought.

It was great while it lasted.

Traditional family values?

Traditional family values?
Family between man and woman, with kids, and all this stuff not really popular among aboriginal people in Europe now, like respecting the Church and condemnation of frivolous sexual behaviour.

Family between man and woman, with kids, and all this stuff not really popular among aboriginal people in Europe now, like respecting the Church and condemnation of frivolous sexual behaviour.

Politically ambitious for a fight league.

Maybe both sides need to just get together over a good MMA card and realize how much they really have in common.

I mean... come on.

Nothing like fighting brings people together.
Just look at SD the brotherhood of peace.
We shall overcome!

:icon_chee

hmmmmm so mma fights brings family values back?
Them Ukrainians cray cray

so sad of a situation ... :-/
I liked OC a lot really!

Also, didn't knew about begin involved in political things :( ...

Politically ambitious for a fight league.
They were a big organization with different kinds of interests, aside from MMA promotion they were running their own law firm, auditing firm, charity fund, newswire, a freaking supermarket and all the bunch of sport clubs under the shelter of the "Oplot" moniker.

awww.. i miss them they were p4p the best at churning out events in all of mma.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/7/1...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

2014, a strange video surfaced on YouTube depicting the inside of a small night club in Kharkiv, Ukraine. Unlike other night clubs in the North Eastern city, this one masqueraded as a mixed martial arts promotion known as OPLOT ('StrongHold' in English). The video, 12 minutes in length, carefully captured the chaos; wood planks laid bare where an MMA cage once stood, shattered liquor bottles peppered the jet black floor mats that once hosted VIP guests, and menacing gasoline tanks circled the destruction, nozzles pointed inwards at the destruction.

In a matter of moments, flames would engulf the entire club.

The smoky inferno was a symbolic gesture -€” a purification of the alleged fascism housed within the night club's walls. OPLOT was much more than a fight club. It was a Pro-Russian militia that fiercely opposed the Euromaidan movement and the anti-government protests that began in 2013. Some of the fighters who competed under the Oplot banner were eventually ousted as enforcers and militants who attacked civilians and activists alike.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back