Opinions on Mac Danzig vs Joe Lauzon, and Mac's mma future

RawHawg

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I always liked Mac, seems to be very smart and well faceted even outside of mma, but has lost a few recently and took a horrible beating in his last fight with Guillard.

Would be curious to hear others opinions on how Mac may fare against Joe Lauzon, and how his future in mma may progress at this point.

This is a winnable fight for both guys.

Could very well go both ways but I don't like the way Lauzon has been looking lately...

I want them both to win, they both need it.

I dont see how this is a coin toss at all, Lauzon will win and probably win big. I love Mac and he is technically a great fighter but he rarely delivers and always appears physically very weak in his fights. Lauzon brings the heat and gets the finish inside of 2 rounds.

Guillard punched Mac in the back of the head, around 4 times, which led to him getting KTFO.

Just putting it out there and I'm angry about it too.

All the best to Mac and hope he beats Lauzon.

Guillard punched Mac in the back of the head, around 4 times, which led to him getting KTFO.

Just putting it out there and I'm angry about it too.

All the best to Mac and hope he beats Lauzon.

I remember it being 2 shots, at the very most, on an already almost unconscious Danzig. It's not like Melvin was aiming for it, Danzig rolled over into danger. IMO Danzig was already too far gone when he got dropped.

I remember it being 2 shots, at the very most, on an already almost unconscious Danzig. It's not like Melvin was aiming for it, Danzig rolled over into danger. IMO Danzig was already too far gone when he got dropped.

Melvin was throwing bombs to the back of Mac's head, Mac rolls over because he is dazed then Melvin throws a soft hammer-fist and the fight is stopped.

Mac needs to retire, but Jlo did a bitch move on a guy he claimed to respect.

2.gif

What bitch move?

Apparently splitting a dudes face open with your elbow during an mma bout is now considered a bitch move. I know, I was as surprised as you are when I found out.

I like Mac but it's time for him to be released by the UFC.

Luckily he is the kind of guy that has other options, and would probably be content pursuing some of them.

The only thing that I could even maybe possibly conceive as coming close to a bitch move was when Joe kind of ran his hand over Mac's bloodied face to possibly smear the blood, but I don't think it was intentional or even a bitch move, per se.

Mac's too intelligent to get punched in the face for a living anymore. He could be doing some other more lucrative less dangerous things.

Is mac getting cut I hope not I like the guy I hope to see more of him and I hope he gets some sponsors lol

Marc's done in the UFC.

I like the guy but his ground game is good (not elite/dominating) and his striking isn't that good (below average).

Thus I fail to see any promise for him and he should be cut (ground game is good but not good enough to be a force to reckon with and his striking isn't that good at all).

Back