Opinions on H&K USP Pistols?

Had a USP fullsize .40 variant 1 back in '03:
The trigger pull was fine, its DA pull was similar to the M9 and its SA pull had no excessive creep or slack. The trigger itself felt like cheap plastic but was contoured nicely
Well balanced, and i LOVE european style mag releases, the safety was 1911 inspired so another plus. no slide mounted reversed safety like on a walther pp or beretta 92.
was finicky on ammo. I ended up selling mine because i bought it as a SHTF pistol but it refused to cycle steel case ammo at all, and only functioned marginally with anything that wasnt pure factory brass cased ammo. never ran reloads through it because i wasnt into reloading back when i owned it.

my bottom line was that it was an excellent duty gun for a cop or civvie (that wanted to deal with that size gun) but as a military arm expected to shoot a range of ammunition from pristine to surplus, it was not gonna work. Glock was a better option at half the price and better performance in that regard. I do own an HK VP9sk which i absolutely love though so its not as if i harp on HK. i just think the USP is an overpriced 'hanger queen' to borrow from my AF lexicon.

Yeah I don't have any pistols yet with an RMR so I'd like to get one. Either the Q4 or a Glock.

I have not. The CZs that I've handled I didn't like the fit and finish though.

I do. I heat the backstrap and smash the hump out of it - get it totally straight, remove the finger grooves, double undercut the trigger guard, sometimes under cut the beavertail a little, and then stipple.

That looks cool if you're going RMR and suppressor. The other one I really liked was the PPQ Q5 Match. The trigger on that one is simply amazing.

I have wanted one ever since I used it constantly in SOCOM Navy SEALs on the PS2 and in Rainbow Six games but I don't think I have ever even seen on in a gun case, like, ever.

Sig guy for the most part but have a buddy with Dan Wesson 1911 would buy if I could afford to throw 1700-2200 on one.

Looks like he legitimately lost it in a boating accident at some point.

He's hard on equipment.

Incidentally I was talking to him yesterday asking whether he ever shot the HK USP and or the SW M&P

He owned the first gen M&P in 45ACP before switching to an XD, said he was constantly re-dickin with the trigger to keep it going, and that it wasn't as accurate as the XD.

Said the HK USP he shot was accurate, noticeably heavy, nothing too special double action, ok Single action, and good if you wanted to be an HK snob. Expensive.

Currently he's shooting Colt Series 70 1911.

He's hard on equipment.

Incidentally I was talking to him yesterday asking whether he ever shot the HK USP and or the SW M&P

He owned the first gen M&P in 45ACP before switching to an XD, said he was constantly re-dickin with the trigger to keep it going, and that it wasn't as accurate as the XD.

Said the HK USP he shot was accurate, noticeably heavy, nothing too special double action, ok Single action, and good if you wanted to be an HK snob. Expensive.

Currently he's shooting Colt Series 70 1911.

The orginal 1st gen stock m&p trigger was absolutely horrendous. The pro series is good and the performance center (enhanced pro series) is even better. The PC pro series trigger in my sheild is fantastic. Before the apex upgrade in the m&p pc it was great as well. I just wanted a 3lb trigger.

Nah mate buy a hi-point best pistols on the market.

Watch that slide I found a 380 that didn’t like me.

I hate Hi-Point lol. I've got a Browning made 1911 and want to get a compact Glock but firearm laws in Australia make it not worth the effort to get more.

I thought about buying one just to mess with people at the Shooting Matches. If I could win a Match with one the shit talk would be Mastadonic!

Only $155
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/48342/Firearms/Handguns/Hi-Point+Firearms/Hi-Point+34510+JHP45+9+1+45ACP++P+4.5

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/13/review-hi-point-jhp-45-acp/

I think you're the guy to do it. The right amount of "fuck you" mixed with a great sense of humor.

giphy.gif

I have wanted one ever since I used it constantly in SOCOM Navy SEALs on the PS2 and in Rainbow Six games but I don't think I have ever even seen on in a gun case, like, ever.

I wanted one because of rainbow 6 too. My buddy actually got one and I got to shoot it quite a bit before I really knew much about semi auto pistols. I’d give more detail but that was like 15 years ago now.

Love HKs. Just bought a VP40. Ive owned a MP for almost ten years now with zero complaints too

I wanted one because of rainbow 6 too. My buddy actually got one and I got to shoot it quite a bit before I really knew much about semi auto pistols. I’d give more detail but that was like 15 years ago now.
Literally my only Semi-Auto experience is a 1911, Glock, and SCCY.

First time i ever fired a SCCY, this lady next to me was getting stove pipes in hers. Asked me to fix her gun (which i suspected was just limp wristing). Damn thing feels like a 15lbs trigger. jesus christ is it heavy and bad. explained why all her shots were printing on the far right of her target.

First time i ever fired a SCCY, this lady next to me was getting stove pipes in hers. Asked me to fix her gun (which i suspected was just limp wristing). Damn thing feels like a 15lbs trigger. jesus christ is it heavy and bad. explained why all her shots were printing on the far right of her target.

Which way did you print?

Back