Opinions on Fairtex Fight Shorts??

CQ

White Belt
Reaction score
I've been looking around for the best muay thai apparel brand. I came across Fairtex and diggin' the thai trunks as well as the MMA shorts they have. I'm just trying to see if anyone here has a pair, if so which kind, and any opinions/feedback you could give of the shorts?

Thanks!

Own one of their MMA models and strongly dislike them. A friend had them too and they were among his favorites until they ripped. I think the conclusion is that they won't fit everybody equally well...

I've never tried their MT shorts.

Own one of their MMA models and strongly dislike them. A friend had them too and they were among his favorites until they ripped. I think the conclusion is that they won't fit everybody equally well...

thanks for the input! I was actually leaning towards the mma models more but for almost 60 bux they better hold up!

Holy crap, I thought I was the only one. My MMA shorts ripped down at the ass while I was doing squats... Luckily, I was at home. :redface:

I love their MT shorts though, I have two pairs!

thanks for the review! their thai trunks are pretty nice looking! also, a question I've had is...what do you wear under thai shorts? is there any type of compression short that would be non-exposable and still wear w/ a cup?

I wear compression shorts under my MT shorts. What do you mean by non-exposable?

he probably doesnt want them to show as the leggings on MT shorts are short

sounds like their mma shorts aren't at durable!
and yeah I meant, thai shorts are pretty short with the leggings.
I was just wondering if there was a type of compression type short that would be hidden under the thai shorts and still be able to support cup?

I've had a pair of Fairtex MMA style trunks for a year and I've never had any problems with them. They're extremely comfortable and flexible enough to throw high kicks with nothing holding you back.

AB1-WHT-2.jpg

I've had a pair of Fairtex MMA style trunks for a year and I've never had any problems with them. They're extremely comfortable and flexible enough to throw high kicks with nothing holding you back.

AB1-WHT-2.jpg

thanks! those were the ones I was actually looking at!

thanks for the review! their thai trunks are pretty nice looking! also, a question I've had is...what do you wear under thai shorts? is there any type of compression short that would be non-exposable and still wear w/ a cup?

The methods for wearing a cup are as varied as MT shorts designs. Everything from steel Thai cups with the string up the butt, to custom stitching compression shorts legs folded shorter and restitched. Trial and error, then use what works best for you.

:icon_chee

I have several pairs of the Thai trunks and one pair of their mma style shorts and have not any problems with either. My Sprawl shorts are just about the same quality from my experience.

Holy crap, I thought I was the only one. My MMA shorts ripped down at the ass while I was doing squats... Luckily, I was at home. :redface:

Same place my friend's ripped!

Also the area where they're all wrong on me. I feel like I could rip them in two if I followed through on a high kick. Maybe my ass is just too big or something. It's like they aren't quite built for the low-riding position they have.

Last edited:
Back