Opinions on a gym I'm thinking of joining...

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by ssjmawson, Jun 30, 2010.

1. ssjmawson

ssjmawson White Belt

My membership at the university gym is running out and I'm considering going somewhere else. There's a place in Manchester (UK) called primal fitness which I'm considering. Don't suppose any sherdoggers have visited? Their website's here if anyone wants to offer their opinions. The main reasons I'm considering it are the GPP classes and 4 power cages with boxes and bands. Cheers.

2. BrassBalls

BrassBalls Banned Banned

If they have more squat racks and cages than t.v.s, then it is a good gym. :D

Seriously though, it looks pretty nice, and just a look at there forum topics gets me excited How much is this going to cost a month?

3. DrBdan

DrBdan Something clever

The gym looks pretty sweet and from the info in the FAQ it sounds like they have their head on straight. It's a bit pricey at 540 pounds/year (roughly $850 CAD) but it's way better than your typical "fitness center"

4. ssjmawson

ssjmawson White Belt

5. BrassBalls

BrassBalls Banned Banned

6. ssjmawson

ssjmawson White Belt

Just went for a trial gpp class. Loved it and signed up for a membership. Had a quick chat with the owner about the strength programs they put together; mentioned starting strength and 5/3/1 and he said they have quite a few people using those programs, they usually help you along with them to focus on any weaknesses. All in all I was very impressed. Also I'm absolutely hooped after the gpp!

7. Gierrod

Gierrod Blue Belt

8. ssjmawson

ssjmawson White Belt