Opinion: The stockton slap is completely disprectful and should be booed not encouraged

I think its a great under utilized strike. Gives an extra couple inches of distance to hit the target. No different than a front kick with the ball of the foot, or flicking it withe the toes.

Ok I get that and on some level you're right but a slap will never do the damage that even a light jab will do. Its just to humiliate the opponent and its not in the spirit of the sport.
It's an open handed strike and when you land it with your palm it definitely does hurt. I'm pretty sure Conor would agree it hurt more than a jab, considering the little stumble he took.

I specifically put in opinion before that title. I didnt even mention McGregor. Nick and Nayt have really good long records its all of you that are obsessed with him.

I think its a great under utilized strike. Gives an extra couple inches of distance to hit the target. No different than a front kick with the ball of the foot, or flicking it withe the toes.

Interesting I didnt think of the extra distance it gives. still though you cant inflict damage with it and the way it is used is just to make the other fighter look bad not to progress the fight. its bad sportsmanship.

the stockton slap is completely disrespectful

in my opinion a point should be deducted for that kind of action.

Am I the only person that thinks this?

This-Bitch-GIF

Slapping is ok IMO. More people should start using it. Its just another technique. Shit talking during the fight on the other hand should be banned IMO.
Nate should ad an stockton backhand slap to his arsenal.

I know there's a lot of Nayt fans on here and also Nick Diaz fans but the stockton slap is completely disrespectful and fans should stop encouraging it. It's only purpose is to humiliate the other fighter not to inflict damage or score points. There's also the chance that an eye could get poked from it and since theres more force in it than a normal eye poke it could blind a fighter. In my opinion a point should be deducted for that kind of action.

. Am I the only person that thinks this?

Couldn't agree more. It's crap like that - that can start a fight.

On the other hand, it does damage, and extends the reach by about 5" plus.

RNC's have to be the most humiliating especially if you're facing the audience.

- you can't see your opponent
- your choke face is made visible not only to broadcast viewers but to all those eyes watching you in person, as you hear Joe Rogan ejaculating his play by play.

Nate should ad an stockton backhand slap to his arsenal.

Perhaps it would be smarter for him to add the ability to check leg kicks instead. Maybe work on that wresting he seems to know nothing about.

trash talking is disrespectful, It's only purpose is to humiliate the other fighter not to inflict damage or score points. It should not be encouraged. Please stand with me Sherbros, together we can get it banned

GTFO the Stockton Slap is one of the greatest things that you can ever witness.

I know there's a lot of Nayt fans on here and also Nick Diaz fans but the stockton slap is completely disrespectful and fans should stop encouraging it. It's only purpose is to humiliate the other fighter not to inflict damage or score points. There's also the chance that an eye could get poked from it and since theres more force in it than a normal eye poke it could blind a fighter. In my opinion a point should be deducted for that kind of action.

zero chance of eyepoke

what if conor just got some striking defence or went back to fighting guys smaller than him, would that be ok?

I came for the fireworks and this thread did not disappoint. TS is a troll at best, and a fool of serious.

Conor McGregor is the very most disrespectful piece of shit this sport has seen, he deserved every single one of the 17 slaps nate hit him with

MCGs behaviour outside of the cage is disgusting, i hope nate knocks him out this time

and btw the diaz bros aint no bitches, so there wont be any eyepokes, dont worry

When did cage fighting become karate? I wish all the forms came together but left their ideals away.

I really hope he tries to Stockton Slap our hope Conor so that Conor can counter and knock his gang banging ass unconscious.
Except He Already Slapped the Shit out of Him? & all Connie Did was give up that Neck

If a fighter is willing to risk execute a move that left exposed as a punch but does'nt have the same damage potential, it's his choice

Blame the other fighter to not be able to defend or even take advantage from that

Back