Opinion of Jones?

One of the greatest fighter of our time, he is also on my favorite fighters list, so yes I like him.

I like seeing him win because he's essentially a unbeaten great, the first one since Fedor at one point. Also enjoy his fights, he's both amazingly skilled and exciting, and brings in something new pretty much every fight. Don't root for him, though, as I don't feel emotionally invested whether he wins or loses (or the prospect of it). He's not the type of person I wish success for.

Great fighter, glad he beat DC, not so much like him.

One of the greatest fighters of his generation -- who will forever have a tainted legacy for drug abuse and huge question marks over PED use. And on a personal level, he comes off as a arrogant asshole. So, no, I don't like Jones.

And I think it's shameful that the UFC and most of the mixed martial arts news media are failing to cover the PED issue.

As a fighter, he is incredibly talented. He is the most accomplished light heavyweight champion based upon who he's beat inside the cage and his title defense record. He is certainly one of the greatest fighters to ever fight in the UFC and definitely #1 p4p.

However, his attitude and behavior outside of the cage prevents me from being a fan. I find him to be abrasive, arrogant, and unlikable. This latest scandal makes me more disappointed in him and I'm unsure how his career will turn out from here. This scandal is the kind of shit that makes me embarrassed to be an MMA fan.

Tough question. I would like to be. I like his creativity and multiple threat style. I don't like some of his arguably "dirty" tactics. Mostly I don't like his attitude. Confidence in a fighter is necessary. A giant ego and disrespectful behaviour is just annoying.

Still a fan of Jones - the fighter. For very selfish reasons, I want to see him continue to fight, and I will blame him if all this drugs and stuff prevent him from doing so.

How can I respect someone I don't know? He's a great fighter though and acts like a jerk sometimes....we are all perfect though....right?

I like to watch him fight, but he'll never be one of my favorites like Silva or JDS.

One of my favorite fighters to watch, but I never cheer for him. I find him to be an embarrassment as a person.

As a fighter, he is incredibly talented. He is the most accomplished light heavyweight champion based upon who he's beat inside the cage and his title defense record. He is certainly one of the greatest fighters to ever fight in the UFC and definitely #1 p4p.

However, his attitude and behavior outside of the cage prevents me from being a fan. I find him to be abrasive, arrogant, and unlikable. This latest scandal makes me more disappointed in him and I'm unsure how his career will turn out from here. This scandal is the kind of shit that makes me embarrassed to be an MMA fan.

This.

Greatest active fighter alive, disgrace to the sport however.

surprised to see so few votes for indifferent. i'm pretty much indifferent to jones. i care more about the way a fighter fights, than how he is as a person.

great fighter, not so good as a person. so not a fan

i dislike him and im eager for the day that the mauler will put a beating on him so bad that it will derail his career and make him go in a donward spiral in his professional life

just like dc wanted. well at least he will have his popeyes to watch the story unfold

maybe i exaggerated a bit

:p

voted indifferent

love to watch him fight, don't care for who he is outside the octagon

I wont miss a fight from that's for sure

Should have been a "Not Anymore" option in the poll to see if there is a time dependence. At one time early on, I would consider myself a fan.

If he was half as good a person as he is a fighter, I'd be a fan. Got no love for single parents who have the means and the ability to raise their children right and behave as responsible, functioning role-models for their children, but still choose to use illegal drugs.

Back