Opinion change on Ortega after last night ?

I think he's not as good as many made him out to be from the KZ fight.

Ortega 2.0 my butt lol. He just landed good on KZ which caused KZ to pretty much be out on his feet for the rest of the fight. I like KZ chances in a rematch.

Yes that his BJJ is overrated.

he has all the tools even striking to beat people like Volk. But he just doesn’t have the mentality, training or athletic ability to help ensure he does

No opinion change. He's very very good, but can't hang with elite strikers.

He's tough as hell and never out of a right due to his submission skills

He needs to take more brutal beatings for my enjoyment.

Round 3 was impressive, but that was Ortega in his lane, i.e. snatching subs, finishing instinct, etc. What really impressed me was round 5. He came out knowing he was down and went after it despite his face looking like hamburger. Respect. Much more than a pretty face/toyo tires rep.

He's a legit Sherbro since the Max fight.

Before the fight I thought he was still lacking the dynamics of an elite mma fighter. After I think He belongs in the top 5 and is an elite fighter. Also he is one of the toughest of all times. Having said that he will never be champ.

If so how?

mine changed after the KZ fight

I thought he was going to win it last night

the guy is definitely gamebred and tough as nails

he was awesome last night once again and definitely belongs in the top 3

Still think he takes at least 2/5 from Volk in that many meetings
The disrespect to Volk is insane

Not at all. He proved his toughness and heart against Holloway. I thought he put on a good performance. Volk is just a freak of nature with a crazy gas tank.

Nah, I knew he was tough and would bring it. He worked hard on his stand up game and always had natural gifts.

I really didn't like the long break Herb gave him or the slow stand ups though.
Did you like the headbutts that changed the fight?

Back