Opinion: Brain damage has nothing to do with how many punches you take

I would say though that often when people say someones chin is declining due to punishment its not so much that they can actually take shots less well(although this certainly happens) but that there slowing down allowing them to be hit that much more easily.

You look at Nog in his prime for example and very few people actually caught him plum standing.

Dumb question anyway since it all gets fixed with a little Alpha Brain.

your ability to take punches is obviously influenced by genetics, but to claim it has nothing to do with how many punches you take is idiotic.

if these guys didn't get punched, they wouldn't be punch drunk.

each time a fighter take a hard blow,
millions of neurons are destroyed,
so it is a slow degrading process that affect fighters who are used to do hard sparring
the hard shock between the grey matter and the skull destroy the cells

if you sparred all your life or never, won't change a a thing that each hard blow destroy a good amount of your brain cells period, there is no way around, just the nature of the cell can not handle a too high physical shock

Assuming TS has never been punched in the head before, his OP has convinced me you don't need to suffer blunt force trauma to have brain damage.

If we knew how a brain worked, like all of it, fully, completely, we could build one and have an artificial life form achieve consciousness. That's probably not happening for centuries, if it ever happens at all.
And even that wouldn't be a guarantee, since we're not even sure if the consciousness originates from the brain, even if that's the most plausible option based on what we know now.

Great post btw.

All this adds up to...
Is jones getting 4 yrs minimum somehow

Well if we are just making up complete bullshit on a whim....

I’m sure it’s just a case of people chakras being out of line, some crystals and toxin cleansers will sort them right out, get there chi flowing smoothly
mindfulness-meditation-teacher-training-certification-India.jpg

There are always exceptions however there is a lot of evidence that suggests hits to the head do cause brain damage.
Not everyone who smokes gets lung cancer, but a lot do.

Correct premise, but I think executed differently it makes a better point. 20% of the strikes do 80% of the damage as per Pareto principle, so 80% of the strikes you receive do only 20% of the damage, so it's just the really big ones that really add up. This kind of fits your narrative I think.

I mean I dont exactly need my degree in pysch to tell you getting repeated blows to the dome makes you think not so good.

Brain damage is caused by listening to rap music. The punching in the head thing seems random, a few do and most don't.

Bachelor's of Science with Biology, Psychology and Physics as majors.

There's another guy here with a Bachelor's or masters in Psychology, though he either changed his name or doesn't post often anymore.
I've got a doctorate in Sherdogging

Get on my level

Mmmm. Neurologists will admit themselves they don't know how the brain works and the folk studying CTE at Boston University can only see how much damage is done to a fighter, NFL, NHL player, etc, only when they're dead.

Sure, genetics probably play into it....but this is a topic that just needs clinical studies

And even if it’s all genetics, if there’s no way to identify what in the genetics makes you more or less susceptible.....then it doesn’t matter

Back