Open palm " jabbing " should be a foul.

I don't like what jones does, no one likes getting poked in the eye and I think that threat is part of why he does it. what I hate most is someone getting poked in the eye, acting like there half blind and keep blinking or whatever, then what the fight starts there 100% fine and they go all out, its like they wanted there opponent to think they were hurt when they weren't. I saw that really bad in one of the last 2 fights, or I think it was a knee to the head so he got 5 minute break and he acted all woosey and I thought he could barely stand, then when the fight starts he looked 100% fine, even mentally.

jaguars-fan-gif.gif

you're not allowed to. is that clearer for you?

You dont know what you are talking about, it is clear as day or you have a issue with a fighter.

What fighter does that hand pawing for the advantage of an eye poke.

I know a few who put it out to possibly block sight or stop fighters visions but what fighter does that for the advantage of a threat of an eye poke.

They might not intentionally use it because it creates an advantage due to the threat of an eye poke. They use it because it is effective in what they're trying to accomplish which is control the distance. Whether they know it or not though, it's effective mostly due to the opponents risk of getting poked in the eye.

thai fighters and kickboxers are wearing gloves.

mma fighters use their hands. in all kinds of ways to gain advantage. they push your head. they pull your head. they push your face. they grab. it's part of the sport. you can't intentionally poke someone's eye.

cane_slap.gif

agreed.

Before what exactly, kingdom come? Has Jones not consistenly made people like you look foolish every time you preordained his challenger victor?

And? No one is disputing the fact that Jones is a fucking great fighter here. But the way paws with his fingers is a legit thing to complain about. I don't think it has much to do with his reach tho. Koscheck also does the same thing, and he has poked his share of eyes.

The supposition that Jones does that because of the threat of an eye poke is ridiculous. He does that every time he gets in trouble to keep his distance standing and puts his hand out as a vice.

The idea that he does that hand guiding/pawing move to purposely push fighters back because of an eye poke is nonsense.

Thats like saying Kongo purposely throws low kicks a little high to purposely hit a groin. Its a lot of conjecture and nonsense.

I think people know jones doesn't do that to purposely paw out eyes. I think people just dont like jones using his length and reach unfairly and want to use this as a blanket to stop him from doing so.

If you dont like jones using his reach unfairly just say it but dont make up these travesties to push for it, be up front about it.

They might not intentionally use it because it creates an advantage due to the threat of an eye poke. They use it because it is effective in what they're trying to accomplish which is control the distance. Whether they know it or not though, it's effective mostly due to the opponents risk of getting poked in the eye.

What risk of getting poked in the eye ??

The only fighter who had that issue was Rampage, who tried to play it up, so what other opponent had the risk of getting poked in the eye.

Ramapge is the only one, who are the other fighters at risks of getting eye poked.

Jones hasn't done that since the Rampage fight, so when was he pawing like that incessantly.

This isn't just Jones doing this people.

Josh Kosecheck
Jake Shields
Kevin Burns
Jones

Tons of guys do this. You will notice though that actually skilled strikers like Nick Diaz or Silva paw with their fist closed.

Thats like saying Kongo purposely throws low kicks a little high to purposely hit a groin. Its a lot of conjecture and nonsense.

Kongo has admitted he has aimed for the groin on purpose and he does that shit way to often for people not to be suspicious.

And? No one is disputing the fact that Jones is a fucking great fighter here. But the way paws with his fingers is a legit thing to complain about. I don't think it has much to do with his reach tho. Koscheck also does the same thing, and he has poked his share of eyes.

The accusation that Jones is intentionally trying to poke people in the eyes is petty and ridiculous. These types of threads make that accusation, without really saying it in plain English. Besides, I personally have no problem with the enforcement of rules. If Jones actually at any point does poke someone then he should be punished. Until then. it's just the same ole same ole.

there are many reasons why it can be effective. it gauges distance. it blocks vision. it establishes control of distance. it creates additional threats of grabbing hold.

What risk of getting poked in the eye ??

The only fighter who had that issue was Rampage, who tried to play it up, so what other opponent had the risk of getting poked in the eye.

Ramapge is the only one who are the other fighters at risks of getting eye poked.

Almost every single fighter in MMA that has been poked in the eye has been a result of an open hand jab...

You don't see it a crazy amount because fighters actively try to avoid getting poked in the eye by the open hand jab which is an unfair circumstance. You shouldn't have to actively avoid an illegal technique.

there are many reasons why it can be effective. it gauges distance. it blocks vision. it establishes control of distance. it creates additional threats of grabbing hold.

All of those things can be accomplished by using a closed fist and have been accomplished for a very long time by extremely skilled strikers.

Minus the " additional threat of grabbing hold " which is retarded.

Like I stated above, it is almost primarily mid level strikers who do this. All high level strikers use a closed fist. Anderson guages distance fine without putting his fingers in peoples face, so does GSP, so does Cruz, and basically any good striker.

I they aren't as informed as you highly technical forum posters and strikers like Koscheck, Shields, Burns, Jones etc.

The accusation that Jones is intentionally trying to poke people in the eyes is petty and ridiculous. These types of threads make that accusation, without really saying it in plain English. Besides, I personally have no problem with the enforcement of rules. If Jones actually at any point does poke someone then he should be punished. Until then. it's just the same ole same ole.

I think people who are not real Jones haters are complaining about this because it real increases the chances for eye pokes, while not being very effective for much else. You can do the pawing jab just as well with a closed fist. Nobody wants to see more eye poking, right?

thai fighters and kickboxers are wearing gloves.

mma fighters use their hands. in all kinds of ways to gain advantage. they push your head. they pull your head. they push your face. they grab. it's part of the sport. you can't intentionally poke someone's eye.

cane_slap.gif

Many fighters use pawing and open handed jabs to setup moves and keep distance just like you displayed.

The idea that its done to purposely eye poke is nonsense, but with jones its commonplace.

I still remember people wanting to ban jones elbows and a poster saying that fighters who use elbows have no skill.

They might as well ban Jones. ROFL

jon jones is probably the most guilty of this.

No matter what they ban or foul Jones will still win. He's just better than the average fighter. People need to come to terms with that.

almost 700 posts in a month? damn son.

This isn't just Jones doing this people.

Josh Kosecheck
Jake Shields
Kevin Burns
Jones

Tons of guys do this. You will notice though that actually skilled strikers like Nick Diaz or Silva paw with their fist closed.

To be fair, Silva does use the open hand as well, but when he does, his fingers are usually more raised/vertical, the proper way it's supposed to be done.

Is small joint manipulation still illegal?

I think people who are not real Jones haters are complaining about this because it real increases the chances for eye pokes, while not being very effective for much else. You can do the pawing jab just as well with a closed fist. Nobody wants to see more eye poking, right?

Of course not. If Jones overplays his hand, no pun intended, and costs himself another win I guess he'll learn his lesson.

almost 700 posts in a month? damn son.

To be fair, Silva does use the open hand as well, but when he does, his fingers are usually more raised/vertical, the proper way it's supposed to be done.

Is small joint manipulation still illegal?

I've seen him use it to hand fight, but I've never seen him paw/put it anywhere near an opponents face with it open.

Not sure. We'd have to discuss with refs how problematic open hand strikers/unintentional eye pokes are. If its causing alot of fouls & breaks in the action, then maybe ban them. If its not a big deal to them, then no.

Back