Open Letter to Fedor

Dana_is_your_GOD

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dear Fedor,

We've never met, but I feel like I've known you for a long time. I lived vicariously through you during your decade long undefeated streak where you conquered the top ranked heavyweights as well as people twice your size. According to majority Sherdog opinion, you are the greatest fighter of all time. You are the once ever althele Rogan mistakenly refers to Ronda Rousey as.

You're not perfect and lost a few fights against people who fought like they had nothing to lose, although you would have beaten Werdum if you kept it standing. You are after all human, even if youre operating system was set to terminator mode.

Fedor, you have nothing left to prove. You are financially well off, and should enjoy your retirement. We still appreciate what the last emperor has accomplished and how he raised the bar for skill in our sport. With that being said, please don't continue to fight out of your prime. You should remain comfortable in your retirement. However there is nothing to gain by fighting larger people who will be swinging for the fences for their chance to say they beat the best. This is tantamount to an exhibition, but many of your detractors will pretend like this represents your legacy. It does not, so please don't feel like you have anything to prove and enjoy your retirement.

Yours truly,

Dana is your God (unless you're Fedor)

In b4 tldr.

As a guy who has been riding with Fedor for damn near 13 years I find myself very worried about this fight with Mitrione.

No matter what it was a pleasure playing and I will go down with this ship.

tumblr_lj7p51jTtn1qct7az.gif

...you would have beaten Werdum if you kept it standing.
Yes, you would've beaten Werdum if this was Kickboxing and not MMA, basically.

You would've also beaten Hendo if he hadn't caught you with a punch.

You would've also beaten Bigfoot if he was smaller.

Also, get over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitrione may very well win but oh well, fedor is obviously not the same as he was.

I really don't want to see fedor go out as a stepping stone for other fighters

Knowing when to leave the game, plagues athletes in every sport!

People keep saying that Fedor is done now, but they base that theory on his fight with Maldonado alone. Where he got rocked but survived and ended up winning the 2 other rounds while throwing highkicks and knees! I still think Fedor has some cards up his sleeve. This next fight is going to tell us a lot about Fedor's current state. If he get's knocked out then it's probably time to really hang em' up for good. But if he wins this one, then he's still game. I say Let the man bang, bro!

People keep saying that Fedor is done now, but they base that theory on his fight with Maldonado alone. Where he got rocked but survived and ended up winning the 2 other rounds while throwing highkicks and knees! I still think Fedor has some cards up his sleeve. This next fight is going to tell us a lot about Fedor's current state. If he get's knocked out then it's probably time to really hang em' up for good. But if he wins this one, then he's still game. I say Let the man bang, bro!
A lost decision would give us more knowledge of his current state of art than an KO loss (which can happen by accident).

Less points as opponent = more fatal.

I'm picturing Fedor at home with a printed out copy of this letter in a dark corner under a small lamp. His wife enters the room:

Wife: Honey you've been here long time. What wrong?

Fedor: *after long silence, he leans forward with his elbows on his knees. The light illuminates the consternation on his face. He holds out the letter* Dana_is_God. *after she takes it, he leans back into the shadows. She reads a few lines and knows to leave. Fedor needs time to think.*

On some level this is true however we have to recognize that Fedor has peaked over a decade ago. He was in the most difficult fight of his life over a decade ago. Just think of all the guys from that generation who were in absolute wars 10 years ago. They are all shot and done. Some of them may have some gas left but they are well past it.

A lost decision would give us more knowledge of his current state of art than an KO loss (which can happen by accident).

Less points as opponent = more fatal.
That's a good point. But if he get's knocked out, then his chin is probably gone for good. And I don't want to see him getting more brain damage.
On some level this is true however we have to recognize that Fedor has peaked over a decade ago. He was in the most difficult fight of his life over a decade ago. Just think of all the guys from that generation who were in absolute wars 10 years ago. They are all shot and done. Some of them may have some gas left but they are well past it.
Understandable. I'm not saying he's in his peak now. He's far from that probably, but what I'm trying to say is that he probably has some gas left in the tank. More than the average 40 yo fighter imo.

Btw, according to Russian media, Fedor will not corner his teammates in Japan this weekend. Instead he'll stay in Russia and start preparing for his fight with Mitrione.

Understandable. I'm not saying he's in his peak now. He's far from that probably, but what I'm trying to say is that he probably has some gas left in the tank. More than the average 40 yo fighter imo.

For sure he has some gas.

The real question is why is he doing this? For money? Was he so mismanaged by Vadim and M-1 that he needs the money now?

To make one more run for the belt? In Bellator? Doubtful?

To promote MMA in Russia? In Bellator? Not sure.

Either way it just seems fishy and I personally dont see it ending well. Fighting high risk- low reward 6'4 260lb HW like Mitrione at this stage of his career with lack of proper training just smells like a nightmare.

I hope Im wrong.

For sure he has some gas.

The real question is why is he doing this? For money? Was he so mismanaged by Vadim and M-1 that he needs the money now?

To make one more run for the belt? In Bellator? Doubtful?

To promote MMA in Russia? In Bellator? Not sure.

Either way it just seems fishy and I personally dont see it ending well. Fighting high risk- low reward 6'4 260lb HW like Mitrione at this stage of his career with lack of proper training just smells like a nightmare.

I hope Im wrong.

He says he came back because he loves to fight. But I find it hard to believe too. I think there's something going on in his life that forced him to come back.

You have mistaken him for somebody that gives a fuck about his fan base.

Back