Open letter (plea) to Rich Franklin

Rich at his best would prob finish Bisping at his best. He'd win a lopsided decision at the very least.

Yeah how is this even up for debate.

Rich has beaten better opponents.

Riches fight against Henderson is a good indication how he'd do against Bisping.

It wasn't until the tail en for riches career he was getting handled in easier fashion by his opponents.

Bisping has always gotten beaten up.

I'd actually like to see that one. War Ace! I don't know if a free pair of rental Reebok gear is worth it to Rich, though. He's juicing at the moment.

348s.jpg
The man is on every kind of juice you could imagine. :)

I'd take Bisping over Franklin at practically any point in their respective careers. I really liked Franklin, but the competition has evolved a lot since his day as champion.
Young Rich would beat Bisping. He tko'd hammill who I thought beat Bisping & he arguably beat Hendo who took bispings life. It's not like rich was fighting cans. He was fighting better comp than Michael for the most part.

I don't want to see Rich in Reebok kit...ever

Rich is probably happy in retirement. I miss him but see no reason for him to come back and fight again.

I really doubt Rich stays up at night thinking about beating Anderson after the belts and the big money are gone.

Franklin would tool Bisping at any point in their careers. Bisping was known for a long time as a poor man's Franklin.

The Cung fight was an anomaly. Rich threw a lazy leg kick and didn't protect himself. Cung capitalized. Wasn't a fluke, but I'd have no worries picking Franklin over Le if they fought again.

And if we're comparing opponents. Remember when Rich beat Wanderoid twice? Remember when Bisping beat Wandero....oh wait, he didn't.

Still don't think Rich could beat Anderson, though, and Rich is my favorite fighter ever.

Astonishing how underrated Ace is on this forum. If you think he couldn't beat the Silva who fought Bisping, you are crazy.

Rich already got destroyed twice, and his chin is broke worse than Silva's not to mention the extreme ring rust.

With "fans" like you, who needs enemies?

But you, like everyone, have missed the obvious point: Silva today is not the roided out crazy be once was. Playing field is level now and Ace would run all over him.

Last edited:
I'd take Bisping over Franklin at practically any point in their respective careers. I really liked Franklin, but the competition has evolved a lot since his day as champion.

Franklin was still a very good MW after Silva beat him - he was much higher ranked than Bisbing for a while and fought Hendo to a very close SD while Bisbing got KOed inside two.

Rich is a nice guy. WTF did he do to you that you feel he deserves to die? 2 severe beatings and hospital visits wasn't enough for you?

Good theory, but if Anderson shows up to fight instead of dance, Rich will need to get his nose fixed again.

Whether it's 10 years ago, now, or if they were sword fighting with their canes at 90 years old, Anderson wins.

The fuck? At the point of losing to Anderson his second time, he'd only lost to Anderson and Machida. Those guys have Ko'd many a people. On top of that, he was still conscious after eating knees from Anderson twice.

Besides Vitor and Cung Le late in his career, you have zero reason to say Rich didn't have a great chin.
Machida...

But you, like everyone, have missed the obvious point: Silva today is not the roided out crazy be once was. Playing field is level now and Ace would run all over him.

Look I don't think Silva did steroids his whole career. I think it was just after the leg break.

But if you DO think he did steroids his whole career, why do you think all of a sudden he's "clean," after all those years of doing steroids? There's designer steroids that get out of your system overnight, and again by your logic he's obviously good at beating drug tests as he's gotten away with it for so long, so why do you think he's clean now? Wouldn't he keep using steroids if he's gotten away with it for so long? I know I would.

Unless, you know, he actually hasn't been using steroids that long. If he's as experienced as you believe at cheating the system there's no way he's not still doing it.

Machida...

Did you miss the fact that I said he lost to Machida? Anderson and Lyoto both knock out a lot of people, being ko'd by either doesn't mean you have a weak chin.

Rich is probably happy in retirement. I miss him but see no reason for him to come back and fight again.
I got the impression he isn't very well off. Either he or his wife is a big spender. He's going to have to teach school or stay in the juice business.

oh rich franklin fans been waiting. All 8 of them have been waiting.

Back