Open Carry Texas founder running for Texas State Senate.

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Farmer Br0wn, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Farmer Br0wn

Farmer Br0wn Farmer Br0wn belt

http://www.thetrace.org/2015/08/cj-grisham-open-carry-activist-texas-state-senate-candidate/

C.J. Grisham is now running for the State Senate of Texas. I wish him well. With a cooperative legislature and a sympathetic Governor, Mr. Grisham may be able to get Constitutional Carry signed into law in the great state of Texas.

Over time, I see the majority of states adopting Constitutional Carry as a standard. Of course you will have about 6-8 hold out states (the usual suspects, New York, California, New Jersey, and a few other Democrat strongholds).

Open Carry activism, expanding gun rights in a state near you! It's a beautiful thing.

2. dabausplaya

dabausplaya Brown Belt

Love it

The nanny statists will throw a fit

3. second sight

second sight Reversing Submissions from Father Time

....no thanks

4. quatin

quatin Green Belt

I would support it. Taking away a constitutional right is a serious action that shouldn't be implemented with generalized classifications. It should be on a case by case basis.

5. Farmer Br0wn

Hear Hear!

We have a right of due process and the right to face our accusers in this country. I oppose any form of blankt ban for any group of people who have yet to harm anyone.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  6. Old Man

Old Man Black Belt

Open carry is for pussies. I want to know why I can't stock up on nuclear and biological weapons.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  7. second sight

If you've been classified mentally ill by the state (which isn't an easy task) you likely shouldn't have a weapon. And who would sign off on that anyway? Start giving liberals that sort of authority and nobody will have a gun.

The only exception for crazy people having weapons I'm willing to make is for Iran to get a nuclear bomb other than that let the crazies watch from the bench.

8. Madmick

Madmick Cerebrage Staff Member Senior Moderator

Because those are weapons of mass destruction, not firearms.

9. Farmer Br0wn

So, you're perfectly fine with trusting Iran with a Nuclear weapon (Because Obama said it's alright), but you have a problem with trusting someone who had a bout with depression 15 years ago with owning a gun? Oooookkkkkkaaaaayyyy...........

10. Chesten_Hesten

Chesten_Hesten The Wiener of Steel

I emailed the Governor recently, telling him to legalize weed in Texas so I could quit my job, become a grower and do my part for the yewts of America who think they need to smoke that shit.

In return I got a form letter!

11. Old Man

Old Man Black Belt

So the deciding factor when determining legality should be numbers I can kill with my weapon? What is the cutoff number between what should be legal and what should be illegal?

12. second sight

read my edit to the post you quoted if you haven't

13. JDragon

JDragon DOX News Anchor

'Constitutional Carry'? So it is illegal to carry the constitution in Texas?

I knew things there were horrible, but I never imagined this!

14. oldshadow

oldshadow Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Get the permits and you can.

15. Farmer Br0wn

I can agree with the part you decided to edit. At least we can admit that the ultimate liberal goal is not "keeping guns out of the wrong hands" but the real goal is "keeping guns out of ALL civilian hands". This is why it can be so hard to debate with a gun control advocate. Gun control advocates don't debate in good faith, they will never argue in good faith, they won't be honest with their ultimate goals (they know civilian disarmament is extremely unpopular in the US, so they avoid saying that at all cost).

16. Farmer Br0wn

Constitutional Carry is referring to the carrying of firearms openly or concealed without the requirement of a government issued permit.

No other Amendment in our bill of rights requires a permit to simply exercise. Constitutional Carry prevents states and municipalities from picking and choosing what Amendments to our bill of rights apply to their citizens (they should ALL apply to all citizens).

17. LogicalInsanity

LogicalInsanity Free RR! Belt

Lmao...

You talk about honesty, open debate, but utter complete and total bull$hit.

you aren't interested in intelligent, candid discourse, you never were. If this is your perception of "liberals" then there really is no point in talking to you.

I know many liberals whom are law abiding, gun owners. And their goal is not "complete civilian disarmament."

That's some of the stupidest shit I've heard in a while. Stop listening to Rush, Hannity etc and think for yourself.

18. LogicalInsanity

Generalized classifications?

So what about repeat violent offenders with extensive criminal histories? would you object to them purchasing a firearm upon being released from prison, or...is this too much of a "generalized classification?"

19. Farmer Br0wn

Lets see, some snark, and a personal insult. No argument or refutation to anything I've said yet.

Now claiming I have some secret ulterior motive, and you know it! Still no argument is being made against any of the things I've said.

I'm talking about gun control advocates. I use the word "liberal" once in the whole post. Being liberal is a necessary but not sufficient standard to being an accepted modern day gun control advocate.

So now your misrepresenting my position.....

And close it out with a few last insults.

To review, your "retort" to me was as follows:

• Snark, and insults.
    • Claiming I have some mysterious ulterior motive.
    • Misrepresenting my position.
    • And some more insults.

I'm not trying to be insulting to you, but you have made it fairly clear that you never learned how to make an actual argument. That's not really your fault, so few people do now-a-days. But some advice, perhaps brush up on Epistemology, Aristotelian logic, and the Socratic method a little bit before you wander into a public forum and vomit your emotions in the direction of anything that upsets you.

20. LogicalInsanity

Can one be a gun owner and gun control advocate?

I own a firearm, and yeah...I advocate laws that make it difficult for dangerous people to acquire firearms.

would you object to laws that would prohibit violent felons to acquire firearms?