Open carry guy gets confronted outside of the zoo. Who's to blame?

Ummm, yes they do. 1st amendment protects speech that is non-threatening and not slandering. I didn't watch the video because there was too much trashiness in the preview image. But enlighten me, did the mouthy guy make a threat?

And again, no you don't.

The 1st amendment is about your speech and government procecution or persecution, not you getting to say anything you want to whomever you want without consequence.

I don't have an opinion on the confrontation itself. Open carry guy's body language is fun to observe though. He's doing a self-hug the whole time and his discomfort/anxiety towards the situation is palpable, although he still stands his ground presumably to save face. Lots of shoulder shrugs, looks insecure about the situation. At some point he starts trying to explain his point to random people in order to garner some social support until beard guy bites. Beard guy looks relaxed but somewhat uninterested and stands next to him in psychological support and takes over some of the talking.

I love how a whole crowd came out of nowhere and at the end there's a fucking TV crew showing up for some reason.

its the equivalent of going up to a woman about to get an abortion and confronting her. Its well within her legal right to get one, and its her choice to to exercise that right. Confronting her would not solve anything and only make you look like the idiot.

And again, no you don't.

The 1st amendment is about your speech and government procecution or persecution, not you getting to say anything you want to whomever you want without consequence.

Lol, what the fuck point are you trying to make? There are a dozen angles to free speech.

If you are open carrying and somebody comes up and argues with you without making a physical threat or slandering, that you can what, shoot them and be within your rights?

Lol, you are pathetic dude. This is why I hate open carriers. You have no fucking clue about the law of land.

The guy with the camera is a shit head and deserves to get the shit slapped out of him.

The guy carrying handled it OK but I have no idea other then to get attention why he would open carry there. I understand it many places but if you live in a shall issue state why not get your permit.
You're a level-headed dude Mr. oldshadow, your posts consistently consider opposing perspectives. Of course I'm pushing 50 myself so maybe I'm biased towards fellow geezers.

Anyway, I'm not convinced that a large number of open-carry types are so much concerned with personal protection and support of the Constitution as wanting to enhance the public display of their masculinity but there's a way to have this discussion and the camera guy in this video did in fact deserve a healthy palm-strike to the facial area.

The open carry gun guy was doing really well in the argument until he brought up bad people and Detroit. Shoulda just stuck with rights.

The camera deserved to be pistol whipped

The open carry gun guy was doing really well in the argument until he brought up bad people and Detroit. Shoulda just stuck with rights.

The camera deserved to be pistol whipped

He should of just walked away maybe? Or should he have continued to argue with someone who wasn't armed until he felt the need to draw and fire?

Fuckin open carriers give gun owners a bad name.

Lol, what the fuck point are you trying to make?

If you are open carrying and somebody comes up and argues with you without making a threat or slandering, that you can what, shoot them and be within your rights?

Lol, you are pathetic dude. This is why I hate open carriers. You have no fucking clue about the law of land.

Pathetic is mistinterpting and misrepresenting your opponent's position then trying to then claim highground in an attempt to dismiss the conversation.

You don't want to carry on? Fine, but excuse yourself more like an adult and less like a grade schooler.

Pathetic is mistinterpting and misrepresenting your opponent's position then trying to then claim highground in an attempt to dismiss the conversation.
You don't want to carry on? Fine, but excuse yourself more like an adult than a grade schooler.

You have no position. You want to carry to project power. Why else would you open carry versus conceal carry? If you conceal carry, nobody would stare at you, fear you, or initially argue with you. You want confrontation, that's why you prefer open carry.

Like I said, pathetic.

Open carrying a sidearm in a holster is fine, but I wouldn't do it. Not of fan of people with rifles in their hands walking around, they just try to cause trouble.

I don't think you understand how holsters work. It would be impossible.
Yes it would seem that the Buttholester by Reamington might be somewhat impractical and, dare I say, silly.

Utilizing the right to open carry does seem to correlate with being a dick, but it's not like he's got an AR-15 slung over his shoulder. It's a handgun being worn on his hip, and the guy confronting him about it is the real asshole here.

Yes it would seem that the Buttholester by Reamington might be somewhat impractical and, dare I say, silly.

That's a straw man. Try using logic dude. I'm not going to have a conversation if you can't use anything but circular reasoning.

You have no position. You want to carry to project power. Why else would you open carry versus conceal carry? If you conceal carry, nobody would stare at you, fear you, or initially argue with you. You want confrontation, that's why you prefer open carry.

Like I said, pathetic.

Well, you have to jump through a lot of government hoops in my state to carry concealed, but anyone with a gun that doesn't have a felony/mental issues can carry open.

Also note, carrying concealed comes with a lot of legal responsibilities I don't feel like getting into here, but you can look them up as they'll be different in your state than mine.

That's a straw man. Try using logic dude. I'm not going to have a conversation if you can't use anything but circular reasoning.
Actually I was using reductio ass absurdum.

Again, dismiss the conversation or excuse yourself like an adult

Lol, yep you win. Let's look at our last 5 posts and see which ones have actual substance. Care to start?

Back