Open carry guy gets confronted outside of the zoo. Who's to blame?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
Guy is open carrying outside a zoo and someone confronts him while recording. Who's to blame here? Guy with camera says he is making everyone uneasy. Guy with gun says it's his constitutional right.

The camera guy comes off as a smug asshole. He must be a liberal.

In an important essay called “The Irony of Liberalism,” Santayana dilates on the element of social presumption that stands behind the liberal’s habit of coercion:

No man … can really or ultimately desire anything but what the best people desire. This is the principle of the higher snobbery; and in fact, all earnest liberals are higher snobs. If you refuse to move in the prescribed direction, you are not simply different, you are arrested and perverse. The savage must not remain a savage, nor the nun a nun, and China must not keep its wall. If the animals remain animals it is somehow through a failure of the will in them, and very sad. Classic liberty, though only a name for stubborn independence, and obedience to one’s own nature, was too free, in one way, for the modern liberal.

http://www.newcriterion.com/articles.cfm/santayana-kimball-2027

For the true path of liberalism runs toward social homogenization, while moral liberty—which by nature breeds diversity of opinions and manners—could never be tolerated. No one can really desire anything in a liberal regime except what he is supposed to desire, Santayana observed in his essay “The Irony of Liberalism”

Thus, modern liberalism tends to a truncated and servile way of life, a boring monotony in pursuit of wealth and efficiency as ends in themselves, while its “progressive” morals, though not politically or juridically enforced, are ever more socially binding.

https://home.isi.org/george-santayana-liberalism-and-spiritual-life

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys who open carry are usually douches, but it's his right and the guy that's "confronting" him is an even bigger douche.

And the guys that open carry usually like this reaction, the asswipe with the camera is giving him exactly the attention and response that he wants, and will be laughing about with his buddies later that night.

Both 1st and 2nd amendment used responsibly dont have to attribute blame to anyone

Camera guy starts off by shouting what a pussy the guy is

Guy is open carrying a side arm. Not making a scene. Not low ready carrying an AR, not in camo fatigues, not doing anything to make someone uncomfortable

Camera guy is a dick who wanted to feel tough for once in his life

Schoolyard horse shit. Guy is demonstrating a right that is not in any danger in Missouri, looking for attention, other dude is taking the bait and sounds a lot dumber than he probably is, and is way more confrontational than he should be. Throw both into a quarry and bump the collective IQ. But neither one is "at fault" for anything, they just had a heated discussion which is fine.

The person to blame is the one aggressively goading the other. /thread

Camera guy starts off by shouting what a pussy the guy is

Guy is open carrying a side arm. Not making a scene. Not low ready carrying an AR, not in camo fatigues, not doing anything to make someone uncomfortable

Camera guy is a dick who wanted to feel tough for once in his life
One on each hip is making a scene. That's a political statement to get attention.

LOL Jethro with the camera is a real moron, accusing the gun guy as trying to come off as a "big man" and then saying he's fought his way to victory while at gunpoint and ran with a crazy crowd in the past, in effect trying to sound like a "big man" himself.

Moron.

Cameraman is obnoxious. Guy open carrying in the zoo is slightly less obnoxious. Neither one seems very intelligent. Is normal.

One on each hip is making a scene. That's a political statement to get attention.

Ok. Didn't realize this as I only made it through about 10 seconds of the video. Yeah, I lessen my stance a bit knowing that

The only thing I can nitpick from the open carry guy is the extra gun in his front leg pocket. The anti gun hippy started off antagonistic and causing a scene. The calm and collected guy got the reaction he wanted, anti gun camera guy super triggered.

Well carrying two has merit if you're going to carry open.

Someone could grab one and you'd need a backup

I always bring my shooting iron to the zoo. You know, in case the animals escape and run amok.

Guy with camera is the douche bag. Simple.

What does the guy think he is, Wild Bill Hickock?

140709mag-wild-bill1.jpg

I do not see the utility in carrying two pistols.

Back