Elections Ooof... New Poll Numbers... Getting Ugly for Trump? [Update]

Status
Not open for further replies.
you keep on wishing for some sort of "poll" miracle to help you. Keep hoping. Your fucked. Next four years is Trump time.

Lol. Account bet on Trump getting over 50% of the popular vote.

All of your calculations miss one thing: half of the country HATES Trump. The people who hate him are every bit as motivated to vote against him as his supporters are to vote for him.

That doesn't matter. People get out to vote FOR something, not AGAINST something. Over 100 million voters will stay home, just like in 2016. The democrats are not going to offer the policies necessary to get people to go out and vote.

They will blame the russians again, wash, rinse and repeat in 2024.

They can say 'orange man bad,' until theyre blue in the face.....its not going to get people to go vote, especially young voters.

You cant ignore half your base and expect to win elections.

Last edited:
Fuck em both tbh...
Probably be better off with a random person off the street.

To be fair though, some on the left are as equally to blame for the division.
Except it's not Biden's strategy to be divisive, scraping the bottom of the barrel for votes, but we all know Trump only cares about himself.

Except it's not Biden's strategy to be divisive, scraping the bottom of the barrel for votes, but we all know Trump only cares about himself.

Man you and @Strychnine are loony leftists but are good people. I’m sad you guys are so gullible and played like this time and time again. Biden said if you don’t vote for him you ain’t black...that’s not divisive?

2016 should have taught everyone that these polls mean nothing....

Trump is going to win by a huge margin.....

Biden is ignoring half of his own party, ffs.....

it wont even be close....

What margin are you predicting?

Man you and @Strychnine are loony leftists but are good people. I’m sad you guys are so gullible and played like this time and time again. Biden said if you don’t vote for him you ain’t black...that’s not divisive?

I'm a Black dude and I've discussed this in the other thread. It was an "insider" joke and it fell flat. V.P. Biden has apologized for it. For me that's enough. With the things President Trump has said and doubled down on, I just can't bring myself to vote for him. I've said it once and I'll say it again, I WANTED President Trump to win because when the President wins, we all do. I waited and was patient.

I just don't like what's been going on under his administration.
That's just me.

There has been a lot of speculation about the effects of the violence in Portland and Kenosha on the presidential race.

There was even a narrative evolving-- based on a couple of outlier polls-- that Trump had largely closed the gap and the race was now a toss up.

The latest round of comprehensive, high quality national and battleground polling disputes this, however. In fact, if these numbers are right, Drumpf's "law and order strategy" has blown up like a bomb in Wily Coyote's face.

Some highlights of polls take after both conventions and the Jacob Blake violence:
-- Biden +8 in Minnesota
-- Biden +10 in Wisconsin
-- Biden +11 in Michigan
-- Biden +8 in Pennsylvania
-- Biden +3 in Florida
-- Biden + 2 in North Carolina
-- Biden +10 (!) in Arizona
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/

A couple of things that make these numbers even worse for Dumpy Trumpy:
-- Usually the time right after conventions marks a high water point for the incumbant
-- Only 8% of voters say they are undecided. At this point in 2016, 20% of voters were still unsure
-- Only 5% of voters list "violence and crime" as their most important issue heading into 2020... fewer than responded with "education" or "climate change" and FAR fewer than said "healthcare" and "carona virus response" (still the top issues by far)
-- Even if Trump "succeeds" in reframing the election to be about public safety, far more Americans trust Biden on this issue than trust Trump.

So, to sum it up. Not lookined good for Donny. Still.

Krystal Ball has some perceptive commentary on these numbers:
-- It's laughably ridiculous for Trump to try to paint Biden as a radical ANTIFA candidate... and voters aren't buying such an obvious pile of shit.
-- The nation feels like it needs to heal. And no one thinks Trump is better equipped to lead healing than Biden is. Biden is actually a human being. And actually capable of compassion.
-- The nation feels like it needs stability. Trump is, has been, and always will be an agent of chaos, not one of stability. A great line, "Michael Moore memorably described Trump as a 'human Molotov Cocktail' being thrown at the system, but when people are throwing actual Molotov Cocktails, that doesn't seem like such a good thing."

Edit:
More terribad numbers for Trump according to ABC/ Ipsos:

Who would do a better job handling protests?
Biden 59%
Trump 39%

Response to Covid-19?
Biden 60%
Trump 38%

Reducing violence?
Biden 59%
Trump 39%

Keeping US safe?
Biden 55%
Trump 42%

Is Trump's rhetoric making the protests/ violence better or worse?
Worse 55%
Better 13%

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/abc-Trump-Biden-protest

I thought it was given that Biden was winning this election, but I'm confused how people think Biden would handle them better or quell the violence since he and Obama didn't when they had their riots and its democratic mayors and governors that are allowing the violence now

Do you really believe that’s the only solution? That kind of limited thinking is going to be Trumps downfall.

That’s called right wing thinking though. Please name me one issue on earth where they use nuance instead of a hard line approach. Hell, most of their solutions are just a “throw people in prison,” approach without ever getting to the crux of the issues.

I'm not a big Biden supporter but obviously he isn't divisive the way Trump is. I'm glad you think I'm good people at least, most people supporting Trump are good Americans falling for the "hype" the way you think I am, but Trump courts the "deplorable" crowd as well because he'll take the win any way he can get it.

I'm a Black dude and I've discussed this in the other thread. It was an "insider" joke and it fell flat. V.P. Biden has apologized for it. For me that's enough. With the things President Trump has said and doubled down on, I just can't bring myself to vote for him. I've said it once and I'll say it again, I WANTED President Trump to win because when the President wins, we all do. I waited and was patient.

That's just me.

Cmon bro “insider joke”? Really? Cmon now I get you hate Trump but I feel like you’re just wanting an excuse and excusing blatant racism at that to vote biden

This right here with mr. Brian is amazing. he says everything on the show is his responsibility and he checks every Chiron and then blames a young underling for making the Chiron that he obviously would have had to approve if he was watching all of them but I digress

That's just me.
It's not just you. He's a catastrophe.

It's what I am saying as well. Made a thread that Trump wont help the nation heal. Trump is all about dividing our nation. We need Biden to be our president.

If Biden is president, I will move to Guatemala. Mark my words.

That doesn't matter. People get out to vote FOR something, not AGAINST something. Over 100 million voters will stay home, just like in 2016. The democrats are not going to offer the policies necessary to get people to go out and vote.

They will blame the russians again, wash, rinse and repeat in 2024.
What margin are you predicting?

53-47 or worse. Trump is going to win the popular vote this time. Independents and progressive democrats wont vote for Biden out of fear of something worse than Trump in 2024.

What blatant racism?

"If you don't vote for me, you're not black."

Explain how treating blacks like a monolith, who if anyone dares to step outside of it, loses their racial standing, isn't blatantly racist.

Oh', and for the bonus round:

"Poor children can be just as bright as white children"

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American, who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice looking guy. That's a story book, man"

Go on. Tell us what he really meant with those totally not racist comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back