Elections Ooof... New Poll Numbers... Getting Ugly for Trump? [Update]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You accuse me of lying when I am straight up arguing that when you cast a vote you are voting on a side which makes it your side. That is not a crazy position so its weird you want to accuse me of lying. I know this upsets you but maybe we can be adults and agree to disagree.

yes but your insistence on this point is not accurate and you are impervious to correction -- hence it is a lie. i think its intentional because you are so limited in your thinking that you cant allow for non binary categories. its really sad but you just keep on hanging in there.

i have a question and didnt know where to post it so I figured here would work. According to numerous graphs showing the demographics of who votes right and left, It seems odd to me that the more highly educated people are, the more likely they are to vote left, the more wealthy people are the more likely they are to vote right, and the more education you have, the more wealthy you tend to be. What am I missing here?

educated= democrat
educated= more wealth
more wealth= republican

???

i have a question and didnt know where to post it so I figured here would work. According to numerous graphs showing the demographics of who votes right and left, It seems odd to me that the more highly educated people are, the more likely they are to vote left, the more wealthy people are the more likely they are to vote right, and the more education you have, the more wealthy you tend to be. What am I missing here?

educated= democrat
educated= more wealth
more wealth= republican

???

I haven't seen any articles on the correlation between wealth and voting left or right. Not that I doubt it but I'd be interested in reading any links you have.

There are a lot of low paying professions that require college degrees like teachers and social workers that might vote overwhelmingly to the Left while all the high paying Finance Bros go to the right. The Finance guys raise the average salaries of people with college degrees but perhaps they are outnumbered by teachers and social workers who vote left.

Here's a look at medical doctors.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/...an-your-psychiatrist-probably-a-democrat.html

"New data show that, in certain medical fields, large majorities of physicians tend to share the political leanings of their colleagues, and a study suggests ideology could affect some treatment recommendations. In surgery, anesthesiology and urology, for example, around two-thirds of doctors who have registered a political affiliation are Republicans. In infectious disease medicine, psychiatry and pediatrics, more than two-thirds are Democrats."

Surgeons probably make a lot more than Pediatricians but I'd think there are more active pediatricians.

You might find this interesting.
http://verdantlabs.com/politics_of_professions/

yes but your insistence on this point is not accurate and you are impervious to correction -- hence it is a lie. i think its intentional because you are so limited in your thinking that you cant allow for non binary categories. its really sad but you just keep on hanging in there.
There is nothing inaccurate about it. Your vote is the side you are VOTING for. That is the entire point of a vote. Your other beliefs do not change your vote.

There is nothing inaccurate about it. Your vote is the side you are VOTING for. That is the entire point of a vote. Your other beliefs do not change your vote.

its the entire point of a vote if you are a simpleton and you are defenitely that. the rest of us can think our way out of a ceral box though.

you are very petty and small minded.

its the entire point of a vote if you are a simpleton and you are defenitely that. the rest of us can think our way out of a ceral box though.

you are very petty and small minded.
Your constant ad hominem crying with no argument reveals who is right here.

Your constant ad hominem crying with no argument reveals who is right here.

you are the one making a claim that is bullshit here man. how can you not see it? it is because you don't want to see it. it is pettiness and small mindedness that drives your "argument".

i feel sorry for you man.

Out of all of this time the rioting has gone on how much have they said or done against it? They support the protesting fully and the rioting comes directly from the protesting.

they have called out the rioters, numerous times!
I love the irony that people who support free speech don’t support protests!

you are the one making a claim that is bullshit here man. how can you not see it? it is because you don't want to see it. it is pettiness and small mindedness that drives your "argument".

i feel sorry for you man.
I made no untrue claim. It's an argument you dont agree with. Have a nice day.

they have called out the rioters, numerous times!
I love the irony that people who support free speech don’t support protests!
I absolutely support protests. I think its abhorrent that the left doesn't say shit or do shit to stop the insane amount of violence and bullying coming from these protests. Protesting should be about gaining support and awareness. That doesn't work very well when there is so much bad shit coming from your protest.

Update 9/23:

According to CNBC, Biden's national lead is 9, up three points from the same poll earlier this month.

He continues to lead in all five of the closest "battleground" states:
Arizona: Biden 49, Trump 43
Michigan: Biden 51, Trump 43
Wisconsin: Biden 51, Trump 42

The tightest and most significant races continue to be Florida, where Biden is +2 and Pennsylvania, where Biden is up 3.

Accoring to fivethirty eight Pennsylvania has the greatest chance of being the deciding state.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/517747-biden-leads-trump-across-six-battleground-states-poll

Update 9/23:

According to CNBC, Biden's national lead is 9, up three points from the same poll earlier this month.

The tightest and most significant races continue to be Florida, where Biden is +2 and Pennsylvania, where Biden is up 3.

Accoring to fivethirty eight Pennsylvania has the greatest chance of being the deciding state.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/517747-biden-leads-trump-across-six-battleground-states-poll

You might find this article interesting and horrifying.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/11/what-if-trump-refuses-concede/616424/

Update 9/23:

Can any of you stats nerds explain to a dumbo like me how many of those swing states either would have to take to clinch the EC.

I think there's a bigger chance that Biden and his BLM stormtroopers won't concede.

Either way the massive mail in voting due to COVID is going to make it tough to know the true result on election night IMO.

Yes, it will be hard to know the election result until enough ballots are counted to determine the winner.

I made no untrue claim. It's an argument you dont agree with. Have a nice day.

you did make a false claim. Its called a strawman and arguing in bad faith. you would not accept stated position. You did this in bad faith and near as i can tell out of pettiness and binary thinking.

Can any of you stats nerds explain to a dumbo like me how many of those swing states either would have to take to clinch the EC.
They are both starting with different baselines of "safe" electoral votes, so it's a bit hard to say for sure.

However, the picture gets simplified by the fact that a lot of these states are correlated-- so, for example, there is almost no chance, based on all polling trends so far, that Biden would win Pennsylvania and not win Minnesota and Michigan, too.

The essential take away seems to be this:

A. If Biden wins Florida, it's a wrap; nothing else matters. Biden wins.

B. If Biden loses Florida and wins Pennsylvania, it's a wrap; nothing else matters. Biden wins.

C. If Trump wins both Florida and Pennsylvania, there is about an 85% chance that Trump will win the EC.

(P.S. Pennsylvania and Florida are both polling really close right now.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back