1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Ontario Canada rules on rifles question

Discussion in 'Weapons and Tactics' started by Q mystic, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Q mystic

Q mystic Silver Belt

I used to have an old m-16 replica .22 cal and sold it years ago but now was wiishing I didnt and looking for another. 1 of my friends say that they dont sell assault looking rifles in Ontario anymore and another says that they still do. Could anyone clear ths up for me? Thanks.

2. D Train

D Train Silver Belt

Why the deuce would apperance dictate which rifles are legal? That doesn't even make sense.

3. SunNovaGun

SunNovaGun Blue Belt

There's a Canadian gun forum you can find all the info you need.

While some guns it seems have been banned on appearance alone that is generally not the case.

The guns that are prohibited are generally fully automatic, easily convertible to full auto or variants of guns that fall under those two categories as well as pistols in .25 and .32 calibre and pistols with a barrel length of less than 4 1/8".

That is a very general overview, Sherdog isn't the place to find this info. Check with the RCMP or look into the forum I mentioned.

4. bubkusjones

bubkusjones Brown Belt

You can still get one. You'll need a restricted license. You will only be able to shoot it at ranges authorized for restricted weapons. The magazine will be limited to 5 rounds, you can buy a 30 round magazine, it just needs to be permanently modified to only accept 5 rounds.

Canadian Guns and Firearms Discussion Forums for Shooting , Hunting and outdoor in Canada. Firearms Buy, Sell and Trade Listings. Forum de discussion Canadien sur les armes

5. Symbiose**

Symbiose** Banned Banned

Wrong.
    Rimfire rifles don't need to be restricted to 5 rounds.

6. Symbiose**

Symbiose** Banned Banned

There is no such thing as "Ontario gun laws". There are, however, Canadian gun laws.

You can find both, restricted and unrestricted "m16" types .22 caliber rifles. 18.5" barrel and up is usually unrestricted (but you'll still need a PAL to own one).

I'd say the most common unrestricted "tacticool" .22 is the Ruger Sr-22.

[​IMG]

7. JasonDecker****

JasonDecker**** Banned Banned

The definition of nassault rifle includes full auto capabilities so no semi auto only firearm is an assault rifle. The anti gun propaganda whores use the term assault rifle anyway to make the legitimate weapon sound evil.

8. jlagman

jlagman Duty Belt

I'm pretty sure that the numerous .22LR, AR-15 variants are all classified as restricted firearms in Canada. Even when it's chambered in .22LR, it's still "too scary" for most of Liberal Canada.

List of Restricted and Prohibited Firearms

Firearms Prescribed as Restricted:

Edit:

I guess some of them do fall into the non-restricted category.

Ruger SR-22 With adj M4 Stock (Non-Restricted) FREE SHIPPING [SR22] - $599.95 : , Frontier Firearms

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  9. Symbiose**

Symbiose** Banned Banned

You doubted me! :wink: :icon_chee

Seriously, I think they are overpriced and one nutty-doing-bad-stuff-with-a-sr22 away from being re-classified.

I don't trust the government on the long run concerning semi-auto rifles. They can ban them at any time. I will never spend too much money for one.