Only two days is this good enough

I assume you're talking about the holiday program?

chia said:
For your routine, the most significant thing I would suggest is to switch out curls for chin-ups. You have all your pushing movements (horizontal and vertical) but you lack a vertical pulling movement. Instead you have curls. So just do chins or pull-ups which will build your biceps just as well (if that's what you're going for). Also you may want to incorporate a rotational core exercise such as contact twists. That's especially important for you as a boxer. It would fit in nicely on day 2 superset with the ab wheel work.

I myself have been using a variation of a 2-day a week routine by Alwyn Cosgrove during wrestling season and I have noticed strength gains even though I am practicing 4-5 days a week and doing conditioning. The routine was designed for in-season athletes who cannot consistently make it to the gym every day and need a reduced training volume to prevent overtraining. I've altered it slightly and it seems to be working great so far.

Here's the link:
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=843024

If you want a spreadsheet for the periodization protocol just PM me.

Sherddog said:
/\/\/\/\ ohhh i see, thanks guys, most people revolve their workouts BB style, the net doesnt help cause you got 300 lbs BB that tell you what to do. should i stop doing barbell curls, i havent done them in a while casue i did chins instead but i was thinking about going back.
curls are alright just do 2 or 3 heavy sets with and olympic bar at the end of your wokout

Back