Weighted leg raises
Saxon side bends

Wednesday
Bench
Squat
Rotary cuff exercises
Curls
Ab rollers exercises

Hows this for a two day a week routine? Anything glareing? Alo boxing during the week as well.

Numpty said:
Monday
Deadlift
Overhead press
Bent over rows
Weighted leg raises
Saxon side bends

Wednesday
Bench
Squat
Rotary cuff exercises
Curls
Ab rollers exercises

Hows this for a two day a week routine? Anything glareing? Alo boxing during the week as well.
Can you spread out the workout more?

Seems like an short time to recover.

My week is pretty booked. Saturday and sunday are a write off I could change it to monday friday split. Which now that I think about it I dont know why I havnt already been doing that.

A monday/Friday split would make more sense, and you should for sure trhow in some grip work on your 2nd day.

Plus what is your goal anyway?

I would recommend going harder or hard on only one of those days.

Depends how fast you recover though and how you can manage your body during the days.

During which time period can you give your body the most chance to recover?

Between Monday to friday or Friday to Monday.

General strength is my goal. Recovery is really not an issue for me. Which is why I was doing a monday wednesday split but I think your right with my days to close together even if I feel perfect doesnt mean I have given my body enough time to do whatever it needs to do. I do box but I dont lift weights to become a better boxer. I will be working it hard on both days but only because recovery is not an issue. Im planning on working out hard every week and on the third go for a Max rep.

What type of leg raises are the best, i'v seen so many different ways of doing them. Is that enoigh for a workout? i though you had to do more

For your routine, the most significant thing I would suggest is to switch out curls for chin-ups. You have all your pushing movements (horizontal and vertical) but you lack a vertical pulling movement. Instead you have curls. So just do chins or pull-ups which will build your biceps just as well (if that's what you're going for). Also you may want to incorporate a rotational core exercise such as contact twists. That's especially important for you as a boxer. It would fit in nicely on day 2 superset with the ab wheel work.

I myself have been using a variation of a 2-day a week routine by Alwyn Cosgrove during wrestling season and I have noticed strength gains even though I am practicing 4-5 days a week and doing conditioning. The routine was designed for in-season athletes who cannot consistently make it to the gym every day and need a reduced training volume to prevent overtraining. I've altered it slightly and it seems to be working great so far.

Here's the link:
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=843024

If you want a spreadsheet for the periodization protocol just PM me.

/\/\/\/\ Is it true that chins and pull down are as good as curling a bar or dumbell?

Sherddog said:
/\/\/\/\ Is it true that chins and pull down are as good as curling a bar or dumbell?
You must be joking right?

Chins (NOT pull downs) will lead to better overall strength increases than curling a bar or dumbell and will promote more hypertrophy as well.

No, i was told the bar was better for the biceps specifiacly, thats why i did them, i was asking if he was telling the truth.

Sherddog said:
No, i was told the bar was better for the biceps specifiacly, thats why i did them, i was asking if he was telling the truth.
Yea, for bodybuilding.

For strength, not even close.

/\/\/\/\ ohhh i see, thanks guys, most people revolve their workouts BB style, the net doesnt help cause you got 300 lbs BB that tell you what to do. should i stop doing barbell curls, i havent done them in a while casue i did chins instead but i was thinking about going back.

Sherddog said:
/\/\/\/\ ohhh i see, thanks guys, most people revolve their workouts BB style, the net doesnt help cause you got 300 lbs BB that tell you what to do. should i stop doing barbell curls, i havent done them in a while casue i did chins instead but i was thinking about going back.
Not that it's completely useless, but compounds should be the main focus of your lifts.

Chins will promote plenty of hypertrophy in your biceps as well as your back. Curls are not necessary. You can build your "guns" doing chins and pullups. Just look at an Olympic gymnast. They don't do any curls.

So a monday friday split. Take out Curls and add chins/pullups(left those out since I thought it might be to much). And add some grip work. Its going to be plate pinches since I dont have any real grippers.

Back