Only reason Fedor is coming out of retirement is because of Coker

Kick Strickland

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Any interview Fedor gave in recent years, he said he was happy and done fighting.

Skip to earlier this year and Coker had reports of talking to Fedor.

Fedor has said Dana White needs to learn to respect people. And it's true. Dana shits on everybody, Frank Shamrock, Randy Couture, Fedor himself, Tito, is currently suing Wanderlei, etc. etc. Imo the MOST telling was Dana shitting on GSP. GSP was the model company man, one of it's biggest stars, was almost solely responsible for bringing Canadians to the ppv table, first to get big name sponsors, never comlained, always was respectful, always did what the UFC told him to...and what does Dana do? Dana publicly tells the world he thinks Hendricks beat GSP (which he didn't) and lies telling everybody GSP was SO busted up he had to go immediately to the hospital. And when GSP walked in a few seconds later, Dana looked like he'd just got caught getting a blowjob from his neighbors wife (don't ask me how I know. Sorry Paul :icon_cry2 ).

Coker recently took the helm over at Bellator. And true to Coker form, he makes massive changes right away, and gives fans the absolute best fights he can put on, given his limited roster. Make no mistake, fans and fighters alike are fed the fuck up with Zuffa and their business practices, not to mention the Reebok deal, etc. So Coker's timing couldn't be better. His roster will grow by leaps and bounds over the next few years. Fighters now have a viable alternative to the U Fight Cheap show.

Point is....there is NO POINT in speculating about where Fedor will sign. He will sign with his old friend, Scott Coker, the man who got him to come back to fighting in the first place. He will go to Bellator and be treated like the king that he is. Fans will bitch. Dana will bitch. But that is what will happen. Feel free to bump this thread if that is not what happens.

Yeah, Cocker is definitely more... approachable and he tries to sign him really hard.

One would think that the last time he signed Fedor wasn't really all that profitable for him, but I guess I'm wrong?

I don't know... My mind reading powers haven't kicked in yet. I'm a late bloomer I guess.

Yeah, Cocker is definitely more... approachable and he tries to sign him really hard.

One would think that the last time he signed Fedor wasn't really all that profitable for him, but I guess I'm wrong?

It put SF on the mma map in a big way. Whether Fedor won or lost, people tuned in. Remember Fedor vs Rogers on CBS? That was a huge thing for mma back then.

Only now....Coker has that Viacom budget and doesn't have to deal with M-1 :)

Of course. Why wouldn't he sign with his last easy pigeon?

I don't know... My mind reading powers haven't kicked in yet. I'm a late bloomer I guess.

How about your analytical powers? Anything yet?

images

I don't disagree. I was winding my friend up yesterday saying Fedor would sign for bellator, Fedor/kimbo, Fedor/Lashley etc. I got to say I would not be shocked if it happened.

I still won't believe he's coming out of retirement until his next fight is announced though.

This is idiotic... The only reason Fedor is coming out of retirement is because he wants to earn money. It's not because an mma promoter was nice to him.

Didn't read it. I think it's more about money than Coker

This is idiotic... The only reason Fedor is coming out of retirement is because he wants to earn money. It's not because an mma promoter was nice to him.

I'm astounded you don't see a correlation between those 2 things :)

I don't disagree. I was winding my friend up yesterday saying Fedor would sign for bellator, Fedor/kimbo, Fedor/Lashley etc. I got to say I would not be shocked if it happened.

I still won't believe he's coming out of retirement until his next fight is announced though.

I'm honestly thinking Fedor/Tito at this point. Not because it's a great fight. But because fans will without a doubt tune in for it.

It put SF on the mma map in a big way. Whether Fedor won or lost, people tuned in. Remember Fedor vs Rogers on CBS? That was a huge thing for mma back then.

Only now....Coker has that Viacom budget and doesn't have to deal with M-1 :)

Yeah, checked, and it seems that Fedor vs Rogers is still among most viewed MMA events ever.

So I guess Cocker may try to repeat it with Viacom.

Fedor going to Bellator would be a joke and an insult to the fans. Who will he fight there? The 2015 UFC heavyweight roster is totally suited for Fedor.

Fedor going to Bellator would be a joke and an insult to the fans. Who will he fight there? The 2015 UFC heavyweight roster is totally suited for Fedor.

Oh I would love to see him vs the current top UFC HW's. Already has a win over AA, would have imo beaten Werdum if he'd not gotten careless (which he seemed to work on in his last 3 fights). Want to see him vs Mir, rematch with CC would be cool. Lots of cool possibilities there.

But be honest. Do you really see Fedor putting up with Dana White's bullshit?

Fedor is set for life. If not through sound investment with his winnings, then from his state office job. He's an icon in Russia and personally knows Vlady Putin. He doesn't have to work. If he comes out of retirement it's that competitive drive and camaraderie that you can only get from a fight camp.

TS is just saying that Coker might have given Fedor the idea or at least the impetus to come out of retirement, and that if he does unretire then he will sign with Bellator because he has a good relationship with Coker.

I Have two theories , one is if he signs with his frend finkelstein or what his name is and will fight in that m-1 promotions , than it will be more for association to bring more attention , have few easy lover rank fights with ex stars like Rizo fight , theory two Fedor was never that type of a guy that complaining about losing , injuries or some thing like that , i think he got away coz sport got dirty on the next level and he didnt wanted to use peds , we all know that pride was unregulated but at that time there was more bodybuilding type not like now where it changes durability , it changes chin , overall it makes a monster athlete , and when Fedor fight Hendo and BigFoot they where on Peds , now when it become strongly regulated , maybe he felt that there is few fghts in him.

Back