Only read if u wrestle

jarra22

White Belt
Reaction score
what are ur favorite pinning combinations, takedowns, takedown finishes, move from front headlock, breakdown, and thing to do from disadvantage?

mine:ball and chain+armbar+figure4 around head; head outside; to double; head in the hole; kram(thing when u hit elbow and go to cross wrist), and standup

On top I mostly crossbody ride using turks, ball and chain, etc. Neutral my favorite take down is the blast double but I do love throws from the over under. Favorite take down finish for single legs would be the barzagar. When I have a front headlock I like to go for cradles or try to use a 3 quarter nelson. My favorite breakdowns are spiral ride and claw ride. And last but not least on bottom for the most part I kneeslide and stand up.

any number of throws and setups from the Russian 2on1 series. High C with the
under hook. Bait the single and counter.

From the top, leg rides. Esp the cross body cross face variation.

My favorite pinning combinations are usually mount, S mount, cent kilos, kesa gatame, twister side control, and regular side control. Knee on belly is also one of my favorite wrestling pins.

I am what you might consider a very efficient wrestler (LAZY) who prefers to attack from positions of control and advantage and counter attack shots (My Shots Suck) so from stand up I like 2 on 1's and threaten with trips, bodylocks and high doubles, duck unders etc..
I like the front headlock series ALOT use it from a shot counter or snap down, near side cradle, spin behind or ankle pick from there.

From bottom either stand up or switch, From top spiral ride, half nelson, legs in and power half, guillotine etc...

As you can tell I like to slow the pace down. :)

In high school I loved the firemans, barrell roll and high crotch to tilt/double. Now I mostly use the front headlock series. Duck under. And snaps.

Top I still love spiral breakdown, to crossface cradle series.

On bottom switch to sitout to switch!

I try to do more with my wrestling game that will tie in to my BJJ

favorite pinning combo is power half or reverse half. take down would have to be a double into high c or outside single. finishes would be a lift usually to their back and go for the finish. front headlock going for a cradle. breakdown double leg ride or spiral ride. i usually a stand up for switch maybe a roll if they are holding on tight.

HA, I read anyways.

lol

what are ur favorite pinning combinations, takedowns, takedown finishes, move from front headlock, breakdown, and thing to do from disadvantage?

mine:ball and chain+armbar+figure4 around head; head outside; to double; head in the hole; kram(thing when u hit elbow and go to cross wrist), and standup

Pinning: CRADLES, CRADLES AND MORE CRADLES!!! Well more specifically cross face cradles, and near and farside, always my go to pin move in HS. Also like bar arms, peterson rolls, always used halfs and power halfs when I didn't cradle or just wanted to stay active.

Takedowns: Japanese double leg, single leg sweep, I TRIED the John Smith single b/c it looked coll but I didn't practice it enough and it never worked on any one good:icon_sad:. Also I tried ankle picks.

Set ups: 2 on 1 (Russian), tap n go, fakes and various grabs. Loved the Russian tie

Takedown finish I liked angling out and finishing or trips.

I liked to ankle pick some one from a front headlock and use that to cradle. Also used it to get peoples back by spinning them.

Being in a disadvantage is to vague, If some one had me on my back I'd put my hand between our chest, and bridging was second nature.

Power half to cross side to kata gatame.

high double, high sinlge, over/under lateral drop

snap down take back

Armba

Sit out, armspin

Takedowns I loved the low single, high c to double, fireman/tilt.

Big fan of using a whizzer/crossface. Not sure what the move is called in all circles, but big fan of the Anderson and cradles.

Oh yes, and duck unders.

Neutral: I usually grab wrist control into an underhook. I'll either work for a front headlock and snap my opponents head down as I'm simultaneously looking for a shot, usually a double/ head outside single to a double.

Top: I'll play lots of different rides (crab, spiral, claw), but usually a cross body ride breaking them down with crossfaces, chickenwings or a power half. Occasionally I'll throw both hooks in flattening them out working for the power half.

Bottom: I'll try lots of sit-outs, usually trying to make space to go out the back door because lots of people I wrestle tend to get pretty high up on me. I'll hit the occasional Granby roll too.

i don't wrestle so i didn't read lol

Do you like the move where you do the wrestling takedown thing and then get choked out by the Jiu-Jitsu thing? :icon_twis

Back