Only one thing bisping does better than vitor but it'll be enough :(

Wow! Is this a pro-Bisping thread on Sherdog (in the loosest sense) or am I reading this wrong?

Cardio and wrestling, that enough is good to win fights.
Also he got better striking in general, but vitor got much much more power and fast hands and the blitz of doom.
Bisping wrestling is pretty good for a non-wrestler and I believe he can take Vitor down in the first round until Vitor gasses and then he can use his striking to maybe finish him or win by UD.

And I'm Brazilian so that means something. Vitor chance is a KO in the first round. I think Bisping will win.

yeah ko'ing franklin a former champ and ko'ing the hw rumble johnson is irrelevant, haha ok.

At first i thught "dang that's right Vitor owned Rumble, Bisping could be in trouble" then I remembered Rumble was retaining less water than a nuns **** for that fight.

1) Why does vitors "resume" include all the fighters who've kicked the shit out of him? Being in the cage with jon jones, does not put him on the same level FYI.

2) the Rich Franklin fight was 3 & 1/3 years ago. Even if I granted that Franklin was as highly ranked as Brian Stann (he wasnt, but lets assume) that was over 3 years ago that vitor beat someone on the level of guys Bisping has beaten lately.

You have to be seriously delusional to think "well Bisping did look great against Brian Stann, but vitor looked so awesome against rich franklin 3 years ago, that my moneys on him!"

His resume of top fighters beating him plays into experience. Everyone knows that or at least should. Bisping beat Stann but who else has he beaten that's noteworthy. Don't bring up that he should have won the Sonnen fight because at the end of the day , it's a loss on his record.

Bisping won't make it to the bell, count on it. Vitor will tag him ad KO/TKO him. I can't see where Bisping has any adv. other than cardio, and even then, it won't be enough. Vitor went four rounds with Jon and showed good cardio (hopefully the extra cut to MW won't sap that). Essentially, I don't really care much either way who wins, but I can't stand the thought of Bisping/AS when there are far better match-ups available for AS. Hope Vitor ends this one in devastating fashion.

This 100%

I am a self confessed Bisping nuthugger I love the dude easily one of my fav modern era fighters. But I am not so delusional to think he will beat silva (give him a tough fight yes beat him no) and I think a fight v Weidman is a 60/40 in Bispings favor.

But no way in hell does Vitor beat him in this fight.

And I refuse to compare resumes simply because this sport is 100% about improving and evolving Bisping has does this and is still evolving. Vitor has not the guy has refused to develop and evolve along With the sport he is a prehistoric fish that didn't evolve legs with everyone else and still swimming in the ocean while everyone else is walking.

He doesn't offer anything to Bisping other then a punchers chance. And for all those idiots who go on and on about how he gets hit...... When you do not fear someone's power (ie mayhem and rivera both fights he was trying to proove a point) you trade with them if he doesn't want to get tagged he won't.

I haven't seen him walk into anyone's power shot since Hendo.

I can't even take this post seriously for a few reasons. So Bispibg can avoid getting tagged if he wants? Not the way it works. If Vitor never evolved with the sport he wouldn't still be relevant and would have faded away with everyone from his era who really didn't evolve and is "swimming in the ocean while everyone is walking". Can u give proof to back up that claim? Because what I see and record shows is that he has done very well at MW. We will see how much Vitor sucks as u say and I'll be sure to bring up this thread after Bisping loses

I will be rooting for Vitor, but Bisping has a real shot at winning. He's a good wrestler if he chooses to use it and has good footwork. If he avoids getting hurt he can fight at a pace where Vitor will slow down and he can capitalize.

Lets see how his cardio holds up when victor cracks him and he's out

I can't even take this post seriously for a few reasons. So Bispibg can avoid getting tagged if he wants? Not the way it works. If Vitor never evolved with the sport he wouldn't still be relevant and would have faded away with everyone from his era who really didn't evolve and is "swimming in the ocean while everyone is walking". Can u give proof to back up that claim? Because what I see and record shows is that he has done very well at MW. We will see how much Vitor sucks as u say and I'll be sure to bring up this thread after Bisping loses

It is obvious in the fights you mentioned Bisping had little to no regard for his opponents striking the stann fight is the only one I can think of where he feared the power hence (his move to wrestling) sorry I probably worded it incorrectly and no Vitor is not relevant in any way he was gifted the jones fight on short notice and wasn't even the second choice for the short notice gimme fight you tool.

Seriously man he hasn't done diddly in middle weight...... Show me proof he has? Only thing relevant about Vitor is the fact he is almost always in the top 5 subjective rankings based on performances that happened over 5 years ago....... Rankings I might add that hold absolutely 0 weight in actually measuring skills.

Back