-irrelevant
-irrelevant

vitors last 5 fights against contenders & champions

-ass kicked
-ass kicked
-ass kicked
-ass kicked
-ass kicked

Good think he's not fighting a champ or a contender. He is fighting a mediocre fighter, albeit a mouthy one.

Belfort does quite well against mediocre fighters. Even mouthy ones.

TS is right, Bisping will cardio the shit out of Vitor unfortunately.

Though I wish nothing more than Vitor to Vitor Bisping, but I dont see it happening.

rich has never had gas tank issues and vitor koed him, so the cardio doesnt necessarily mean that bisping will win.

rich has never had gas tank issues and vitor koed him, so the cardio doesnt necessarily mean that bisping will win.

Plus rich is, was, and always will be a better fighter than bisping so vitor has that going for him too.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kind of want to see Bisping win to see him get destroyed by Mr. Anderson.

Am I a horrible person?

Vitor most likely ends Bisping's title aspirations with a left hand late in the first. Bad match up for Mike, Vitor has become a better counter striker.

you guys are all wrong. Vitor has the better wrestling believe it or not. He's so much stronger which i think will be bad for bisping in the clinch. Vitor has been used to fighting guys a lot bigger and fared well. Bisping has been dropped in multiple fights and if that pattern continues, it is very dangerous to get rocked by Belfort because he'll get finished. And most importantly, the FIGHT IS IN BRAZIL. Call it what you will but that is going to play a HUGE difference.

I think you and the TS both make some valid points and that's why I see this as a hard fight to predict. It's difficult for me to pick against the more powerful Vitor in Brazil. However I feel if he doesn't stop Bisping in the 1st he'll get out worked. And that's a big IF, everyone remembers the Hendo bomb landing on him but forget hes only been stopped once in 27 pro fights and has been competiting in the UFC for 6 years. He's not an easy guy to finish and Belfort will be the one defending takedowns.

As of now I'm going with Belfort to finish Bisping but wont be at all surprised if he loses a decision.

Last edited:
You are correct.

He will wear down vitor and stay away in the early rounds.

It won't impress anyone but his most avid nuthuggers, but it will be another win for Bisping regardless.

Vitor has a punchers chance of course.

I hope that vitor wins I really do but I just don't see it playing out that way.
Def has a punchers chance tho. If it doesn't happen in the early rounds it ain't happening.
I believe it's a five round scheduled fight ?

Is not like Vitor is going to be swinging all crazy at Bisping during the fight, i think Belfort will pick very carefully his shots, also he may try some submissions from his back if the fight goes to the ground, so i dont expect Vitor to gas very fast at all

Good think he's not fighting a champ or a contender. He is fighting a mediocre fighter, albeit a mouthy one.

Belfort does quite well against mediocre fighters. Even mouthy ones.

Really? he does quite well against mediocre fighters? The only guys he beats are irrelevant, unranked fighters via illegal strikes.

Seriously when was Vitors last win over a top 10 fighter (say the caliber of Brian Stann)?

Having KO power does not amount to better striking, imo Bisping is better on the standup.

Really? he does quite well against mediocre fighters? The only guys he beats are irrelevant, unranked fighters via illegal strikes.

Seriously when was Vitors last win over a top 10 fighter (say the caliber of Brian Stann)?

you could argue that Franklin was top 10 when they fought and who cares if it was at a catchweight. But more importantly is Vitor has fought WAY BETTER competition that Bisping. When your resume includes fighters in their prime such as Couture 3x, Overeem 2x, Henderson, Ortiz , Liddell, Anderson, Jon Jones, Wanderlei and hell even Herring who at the time was a top HW, then it is very hard to argue that Bisping has fought harder opposition because he hasn't. It's something you can not even argue and would look silly even trying.

you could argue that Franklin was top 10 when they fought and who cares if it was at a catchweight. But more importantly is Vitor has fought WAY BETTER competition that Bisping. When your resume includes fighters in their prime such as Couture 3x, Overeem 2x, Henderson, Ortiz , Liddell, Anderson, Jon Jones, Wanderlei and hell even Herring who at the time was a top HW, then it is very hard to argue that Bisping has fought harder opposition because he hasn't. It's something you can not even argue and would look silly even trying.

1) Why does vitors "resume" include all the fighters who've kicked the shit out of him? Being in the cage with jon jones, does not put him on the same level FYI.

2) the Rich Franklin fight was 3 & 1/3 years ago. Even if I granted that Franklin was as highly ranked as Brian Stann (he wasnt, but lets assume) that was over 3 years ago that vitor beat someone on the level of guys Bisping has beaten lately.

You have to be seriously delusional to think "well Bisping did look great against Brian Stann, but vitor looked so awesome against rich franklin 3 years ago, that my moneys on him!"

It surprised me that Belfort is the betting favourite in this fight,albeit marginally. If Wanderlei can explode on Bisping & drop him then Belfort definitely can, but i just can't see him winning.

Bisping UD

I was in Sydney for that fight and wand won that fight off 2x flurries I. The dying seconds to steal the rounds he was pretty much stinky the rest of the time no idea how people think wand dominated Bisping...... Wand threw a huge punch right on Bispings button and barely made him lose balance....... Other then that wand diddnt land shit.

Hilarious you idiots think windmilling at air while chasing an elusive opponent hoping for a KO because you know you are behind on the score cards equals dominance.

You kids need to get a clue :rolleyes:

1) Why does vitors "resume" include all the fighters who've kicked the shit out of him? Being in the cage with jon jones, does not put him on the same level FYI.

2) the Rich Franklin fight was 3 & 1/3 years ago. Even if I granted that Franklin was as highly ranked as Brian Stann (he wasnt, but lets assume) that was over 3 years ago that vitor beat someone on the level of guys Bisping has beaten lately.

You have to be seriously delusional to think "well Bisping did look great against Brian Stann, but vitor looked so awesome against rich franklin 3 years ago, that my moneys on him!"

This 100%

I am a self confessed Bisping nuthugger I love the dude easily one of my fav modern era fighters. But I am not so delusional to think he will beat silva (give him a tough fight yes beat him no) and I think a fight v Weidman is a 60/40 in Bispings favor.

But no way in hell does Vitor beat him in this fight.

And I refuse to compare resumes simply because this sport is 100% about improving and evolving Bisping has does this and is still evolving. Vitor has not the guy has refused to develop and evolve along With the sport he is a prehistoric fish that didn't evolve legs with everyone else and still swimming in the ocean while everyone else is walking.

He doesn't offer anything to Bisping other then a punchers chance. And for all those idiots who go on and on about how he gets hit...... When you do not fear someone's power (ie mayhem and rivera both fights he was trying to proove a point) you trade with them if he doesn't want to get tagged he won't.

I haven't seen him walk into anyone's power shot since Hendo.

Last edited:
you guys are all wrong. Vitor has the better wrestling believe it or not. He's so much stronger which i think will be bad for bisping in the clinch. Vitor has been used to fighting guys a lot bigger and fared well. Bisping has been dropped in multiple fights and if that pattern continues, it is very dangerous to get rocked by Belfort because he'll get finished. And most importantly, the FIGHT IS IN BRAZIL. Call it what you will but that is going to play a HUGE difference.

Come at me bro

Actually according to most of the fighters in the MW div Okami and Bisping are the two strongest in the div (Sonnen even said Bisping was extremely strong in the clinch)

Bulging muscles don't equate to massive core strength Bisping has a big lung capacity and a massive heart the blood pretty much never stops feeding his muscles all the oxygen he needs.

As for the fight being in brazil..... Bisping gets off on boo's and hatred it makes him even more dangerous (look at the Rivera fight for an example) being in brazil I would say would normally play a big part..... But honestly I don't think home ground means diddly when it comes to Bisping.

Normally I like Bisping, but I want Vitor to win this fight just because Bisping has nothing at all for Anderson Silva, and not worth buying a PPV to see.

yeah ko'ing franklin a former champ and ko'ing the hw rumble johnson is irrelevant, haha ok.

He didn't KO johnson...

But I was gonna chime in and say he absolutely runs his mouth better than Vitor. Dude can sell fights and hype the shit outta them.

Back