Only Last Year Khabib was Admitting that Jon Jones is THE p4p BEST, not Himself

kuroro

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
"To be honest I would myself put Jon Jones at #1 spot. I think he defended his belt 9 times and he is unbeaten even if he has 1 DQ loss. He’s beating big names, many legends. But his last couple of fights he’s not showing his best performances, lost many rounds, many people even argue that he lost a couple of his last fights. There are also PED scandals. But if you look at his skillset I think he’s #1 P4P, justly."

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/brand-new-khabib-interview.4131895/

But TS, this is good and all, but would you go as far as saying this is proof?

Jon definitely has a case..

KH-COMP-GRAPHIC-SPORTS-UFC.jpg

Jones is the GOAT, followed by Anderson and GSP. Khabib is the most dominant but only has 3 title defenses. Give him another 7-8 title fights and I guarantee someone would make him look human too.

No, Khabib had been throwing Jon's name in there for a long time

"To be honest I would myself put Jon Jones at #1 spot. I think he defended his belt 9 times and he is unbeaten even if he has 1 DQ loss. He’s beating big names, many legends. But his last couple of fights he’s not showing his best performances, lost many rounds, many people even argue that he lost a couple of his last fights. There are also PED scandals. But if you look at his skillset I think he’s #1 P4P, justly."

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/brand-new-khabib-interview.4131895/

Well, I put Khabib 1st because of how he dominated the opponents. I think he only lost one round to Conor. Is there another round he lost somewhere else? Problem is how he retired so early with not too many title defenses.

Last edited:
And why is this thread worthy or a new thing now? Did you get upset because of my thread and make this one? <45>

Recently Khabib said this;

Khabib Nurmagomedov says he shares GOAT status with six other legendary fighters

Speaking to ESPN, Nurmagomedov said that he is on the same level as Jon Jones, Georges St-Pierre, Anderson Silva, Fedor Emelianenko, Demetrious Johnson, and Daniel Cormier.

Same circle yes jon record is in the goat discussion but steroids and his 3 latest wins by decision we can talk about them too

Jones P4P no.1 because of skillset? What? Sounds like Khabib doesn't know shit about martial arts.

Fucking Julio Arce is more skilled than Jones.

Jones P4P no.1 because of skillset? What? Sounds like Khabib doesn't know shit about martial arts.

Fucking Julio Arce is more skilled than Jones.
what makes you the best ever at something if not skill?

half of fedor record is pro wrestling matches!
and the other half better & more dangerous fighters...
decade unbeaten.
Fought more frequently than all UFC champions, so even if you discount the cans, he still beat more quality opponents each year..

oh, and he BEAT those guys he was supposed to beat, unlike, for example, GSP & Serra (1) or Silva & Takase or Azeredo (or Jon & Matt)

I've hated on Jones for fucking years.... But you can't deny the man was fucking amazing in the cage. It was the PEDs and outside the cage shit that made me stop supporting/watching him. He's an outstanding fighter... just really hard to support/pull for.

Back