Only Casuals Think PEDs Destroy Your Legacy

Passing drug tests is a part of the sport at least at the highest level. It does matter if you successfully beat them or if you fail them miserably(Jones).

Cheaters fear the truth;

The truth is that they know it in their heart that they cannot win fairly,

and that's why they cheat.

Guys like Anderson and Jones are great success stories, but they have no honor.
Both were caught cheating multiple times.

If science matters then PEDs matter. It absolutely does. Fair post though.

PED's definitely work. I just think everyone was using them to some extent, in the same way that everyone speeds a bit in traffic. Tests can limit the extent of use (in the same way that police radar limits extreme speeding but usually lets people get away with being 10mph over), but I suspect every still uses what they think they can get away with.

I might well be wrong about everyone using at least small dosages, but my bet is they do and I guess that's reflected in my opinion on how important failing tests is. Luckily my opinion doesn't matter in this (just another guy on the Internet). But if I were sitting on a jury related to this (ie something with real consequences) I'd change my approach and say innocent until proven guilty, and so testing positive would be a clear difference.

You don't have to think Jones is the goat (though not believing that does make you sound uninformed), but acting like PEDs matter marks you as a casual in any sport (except silly sports like cycling.)

lol
I was already watching MMA when you were still in your father's nutsack, so don't tell who's casual or not
you're out of GOAT discussion if you got caught taking PEDs.

Only casuals think join date or belt color changes anything in the conversation.
the funny thing is ive been lurking on sherdog since the early 2000s and been watching mma since ufc 14.

What level of breaking the rules do you worship simp? By your moronic logic shooting your opponent would be a perfectly fine way of winning.

You don't have to think Jones is the goat (though not believing that does make you sound uninformed), but acting like PEDs matter marks you as a casual in any sport (except silly sports like cycling.)
Ben Johnson disagrees. As does Barry Bonds. And Barry never, ever failed a test.

Maybe not casual, but too much into the magic juice type of thinking often seen in all sports, but more so in combat sports. Ethically roids are terrible in combat sports given the damaging nature of the uneven edge they give, however sizable, especially in WMMA.

But the main thing is 90% of UFC fighters, not even MMA fighters, will touch UFC gold with the best roids in town. It just always takes natural talent. Hard work is the given. Talent isn't.

Nah you're in the minority on that one. Across all of sports most fans think ped use disqualifies you.

The thought of professionals that Are clean, and a top 10 that is clean is very Nice.

This is price fighting. The clean guys that have spotted amateur records from fighting roided opponents early in their career, never got out of the amateur shows.

Wonder what would happen if MMA embraced roid use like body building and strongman does? I guess by "embrace" I mean, if you don't talk about it technically it doesn't exist.

4mhufl.jpg

There are two fighters; X and Y, they both have the same skill, speed, power, and weight.

X is not using steroids / PEDs
Y is using steroids / PEDs

Who wins?
According to GSP fans it could go either way

Back