Only Casuals Think PEDs Destroy Your Legacy

You don't have to think Jones is the goat (though not believing that does make you sound uninformed), but acting like PEDs matter marks you as a casual in any sport (except silly sports like cycling.)

Every cyclist in the peloton acknowledges Lance Armstrong as a multiple times Tour de France champion, don't make mistake

Ummm... I thought this was going to be about everybody being on ped's but are you trying to imply they don't make a difference? Wow. Part of me wonders if the ped haters just want the GOAT to be white, nobody actually believes GSP was clean.

Experts have repeatedly said that 90%+ of all athletes use PEDs. Think of all the pain, wear-and-tear, and injuries possibly from both fighting and training...

People here are almost Easter Bunny-naive about the realities of PEDs and human nature. It’s easy to say from your mom’s basement that you’d never use but when you have a family to provide for and athletic competition is your only income, you will do whatever it takes.

I’d like to see Pride come back just so we can see juiced up monsters and UFC for sort of clean fighters.

Theres no such thing as peds. Drugs make healthy people sick.

society has deemed drugs in sports as immoral. this is an ethical issue. either we as a society agree to allow drugs for all athletes, or we ban them altogether.

i too believe that ped's in sports are rampant. and especially in mma. i care more about fairness within the sport for the fighters, than whether they are on ped's or not. it's clear that many already are. i just want the fighters on an equal playing field. that is more important to me.

TS only trying to make himself feel better

society has deemed drugs in sports as immoral. this is an ethical issue. either we as a society agree to allow drugs for all athletes, or we ban them altogether.

i too believe that ped's in sports are rampant. and especially in mma. i care more about fairness within the sport for the fighters, than whether they are on ped's or not. it's clear that many already are. i just want the fighters on an equal playing field. that is more important to me.
Well bucko its a fantasy scenario that will never occur. What will occur REPEATEDLY is the best cheating fighters who make the country a ton will slip through the cracks. Causing fans to say "he's a good honest fighter", not knowing he is just as dirty as every other dude cheating. Your imaginary level playing field is an illusion

Believe it or not, the world doesn't revolve around what YOU want. The health of the athletes is more important in the eyes of people with good values.

"health of the Athletes"...you really believe this? People with good values -like who? You think Dana or the Ferttita bros or whoever da F owns the UFC now care about that at all? Its purely so it can be sanctioned and be allowed to compete legally in all the states. So i guess its State politicians that you are referring to

Well bucko its a fantasy scenario that will never occur. What will occur REPEATEDLY is the best cheating fighters who make the country a ton will slip through the cracks. Causing fans to say "he's a good honest fighter", not knowing he is just as dirty as every other dude cheating. Your imaginary level playing field is an illusion

first off, no need to call anyone, "bucko". not sure why you're giving an attitude. secondly, i don't see how it couldn't at the very least improve the situation. speaking openly about it and agreeing that there's a problem is the first step to some resolution. your response is to do nothing. being fatalistic is a useless way of thinking.

You don't have to think Jones is the goat (though not believing that does make you sound uninformed), but acting like PEDs matter marks you as a casual in any sport (except silly sports like cycling.)
Jones is a fraud. He'll be remembered more for his scandals and favoritism from USADA than anything else when he's gone.

see to me that's just crazy

who has a better resume than Jon Jones (assuming we are fine with steroids)

seriously it's not even close and I love GSP and Fedor
Matt Hughes has a better resume than Jones. Top 5 wins are GSP, BJ, Sherk, Sakurai, and Royce. Jones has Cormier, Gus, Shogun, Machida, and Vitor.

Jones is average without his PEDs.

He also got caught after USADA (He needed PEDs to beat clean fighters).

It seems to matter in baseball as well. And every Olympic sport. Baseball and the Olympics are both much higher profile than MMA, so you can be a fan of high profile sports or sporting events and still think PED's matter.

In terms of MMA, its too early to say if it'll matter or not. In ten years we'll have a better idea. I don't hold it against Jones and Anderson, just as I don't hold losses past the age of 32 (when you leave your prime) against Anderson or Fedor. But there are a lot of people who think PED's matter, or who think you're in your prime until you're in your 50's, so any loss counts against you.

only a retarded moron wouldnt think peds dont tarnish your legacy 4ever.
tenor.gif

In terms of MMA, its too early to say if it'll matter or not. In ten years we'll have a better idea. I don't hold it against Jones and Anderson, just as I don't hold losses past the age of 32 (when you leave your prime) against Anderson or Fedor. But there are a lot of people who think PED's matter, or who think you're in your prime until you're in your 50's, so any loss counts against you.
If science matters then PEDs matter. It absolutely does. Fair post though.

GTFO you and your 2020 join-date! You say this because you'd never win anything without outside help. Loser!! L

Back