Only 2 good fights in 2 cards

MachidaNo1Fan

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks this is true? 2 cards, only the 2 main events that bring any kind of excitement

Some of the fights were quite good. Not necessarily big names, but entertaining matches.

There was a lot more than 2 good fights on that first card alone.

This season of TUF Brazil was quite good IMO, the finalists are all talented, I'm excited for the finale.

Yeah Brawldonado vs Stipe is a fun freak show, but it's in no way more relevant than Niinimaki vs Backstrom or CB vs Carmont.
A lot of interesting fights on paper on this last card (even if Barnatt vs Strickland dodn't deliver). You just got to either know the guys, or just have fun watching them.
If you don't care just don't watch and wait for a big event, or just watch the main event, I don't understand what's the big deal.

Berlin card was great. if you wanted a thread to circlejerk about the death/over saturation of MMA the berlin card aint a great example of a shit card

All of the fights haven't happened yet. How can you say what's good and what isn't?

You are obvious not an mma fan. You dont have to have a big name to put on a good show. Everyone knows that.

You are obvious not an mma fan. You dont have to have a big name to put on a good show. Everyone knows that.

When you don't understand what's happening in a fight (or even worse, you think you do but you don't) you need the "big names", the "rivalries" and "the stories" to get hooked.

I've been an MMA fan for a very very long time and these are one of the first times I haven't been able to identify/care about all these fighters shoved onto fightnight cards. Most of the them aren't going anywhere at all and shouldn't be in the UFC in the first place. Mostly talking about the Brazil card

Most of the them aren't going anywhere at all and shouldn't be in the UFC in the first place

You can say that about 75% of the roster, including the guys that have "names"

I've been an MMA fan for a very very long time and these are one of the first times I haven't been able to identify/care about all these fighters shoved onto fightnight cards. Most of the them aren't going anywhere at all and shouldn't be in the UFC in the first place. Mostly talking about the Brazil card

If/when Machida loses to Chris, we should cut him, he wouldn't be going anywhere.

Stipe/Maldonado ain't even among the best fights of the two cards.
Berlin had some good ones already.

What is the point of this thread, to inform us that you don't know anything?

I enjoyed the Berlin main card. Wasn't home in time for prelims.

If/when Machida loses to Chris, we should cut him, he wouldn't be going anywhere.

Alot of these no name goes have no talent. 0 potential. No one is going to win everytime, but there is a lack of talent from alot of these new fighters is what I mean. Machida won't lose to Chris though lol good one

Back