1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Online betting advice?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by CobraCmndr6193, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Corrado Soprano Purple Belt

If you’ve never really gotten into betting before, don’t do it. As a former gambler myself, if you gamble long enough you’re gonna eventually put yourself through hell. Get ready for sleepless nights, feelings of shame and guilt, and feeling physically ill.

listrahtes and BluntTrauma21 like this.
  2. Ancient Warrior Gold Belt

Hah, I didn’t notice that.

I guess I was skimming too quick.

3. KillerIsBack V2 Red Belt

That’s rude of u...
    And unprofessional...
    Here at sherdog offices, we take our bs very seriously.

Ancient Warrior likes this.
  4. BluntTrauma21 Broner Brodie / Pulev Posse

Yeah man it's the best.

5. patos Yellow Belt

I bet $20-50 here and there and I always lose. Turns out I predict all the fights correctly until I decide to put money on them.

I use a site called bet365 but it must be blocked in your area.

Word of caution, if you're trying to do it for fun and have $ to lose that's great, but if you're hoping to make money, turn around and never look back.

6. PHATV Boss Belt Platinum Member

lmfao

BluntTrauma21 likes this.
  7. JayE Silver Belt

If you're not willing to spend a dececnt amount of time on it, log all your bets, keep yourself to a % of bankroll per bet, and be very, very patient, there's no point ever really expecting any steady flow of money (and even then, especially if you mostly stick to boxing, don't expect much). If you just want to have fun and throw some money around here and there, there's nothing wrong with it, as long as you can handle gambling and reserving yourself to losing a reasonable amount (a lot of people can't).

As a guy who is the son of someone who made a career out of gambling, I think it's become way too ubiquitous and pushed on way too many people who are desperate and can't handle it (whether it be on sports, the massive proliferation of VLTs, the stock market, crypto nonsense and so on). I really don't like it as it's obviously predatory.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    Boxiana and BluntTrauma21 like this.
  8. BluntTrauma21 Broner Brodie / Pulev Posse

I gotta hear about your dad/ma whichever one made the money off gambling. That's my dream right there. Super hard time tho, you're right. I've been gambling on sports and other stuff my whole adult life and it's always always always a grind. No matter how sharp you think you've gotten there's always something to test you right around the corner.

JayE likes this.
  9. Boxiana Brown Belt

Mr Ace Rothstein Jnr, I presume.

JayE likes this.
  10. RogerB08 Silver Belt

11. jennsen White Belt

Beginners, on the other hand, should not rush into putting bets. You see, as simple as sports betting is, doing everything right when you're just getting started isn't easy.

It's unlikely that you'll enjoy sports betting if you approach it incorrectly. You will almost certainly not be on the proper track to profit.

This isn't meant to discourage you from betting on sports. Not at all. We simply want you to be ready and have the highest opportunity of succeeding.

12. clarkelliot White Belt

Hi dude! Yes, betting is a good way to earn extra money. My friend pays monthly car repairs and gasoline tariffs. By the way, you are right about the fact that online betting is prohibited by law. Many people have been looking for an answer to this question for a long time. But my cousin found a way to place bets online. With 百家樂 教學 we can do it! It seems to me that if you know how to control your emotions and carefully analyze matches, you can make quite a lot of money. Who do you think you can bet on in the near future?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  13. BoxingMMA Brown Belt

Always bet on black

14. KeithHackneyballpunch Yellow Belt

great advice.

I've experienced the highs of cashing big on Spence vs Brook, and Fury vs Wilder II and III, but I've also experienced catastrophic losses and lows like with Chris Algeri vs Ruslan, and Tim Bradley vs Manny Pacquiao I.