Ongoing Team Lloyd Irvin Scandal - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't take it as a bad thing. As Zankou pointed out, the fact that the jury is taking some time means that an acquittal is very unlikely at this time.

They are probably taking the time to examine all the charges and figure out exactly what to convict on. It is also possible that they are deadlocked, but I think that's less likely.

I'm just impatient! :icon_lol:

Really anyone that stayed past this winter I have serious questions about. Some of the younger kids who were getting a free ride as medal chasers I was on the fence about, it's easy to overlook things when your meal ticket depends on it, but after hearing that they watched a video where a female they train with is clearly being raped and didn't call the cops, I don't think I would let any of them near me or my family either.

I'm also referring to people outside of the gym, that deal with Lloyd through his various scam groups.

I'm just impatient! :icon_lol:

Tell me about it. Maybe they just want the day off work tomorrow so they'll come in, give the verdict early, then go home and relax :)

How long do they wait to do sentencing usually?

At the end of the day, the court usually posts a summary of the day's events that is a little bit clearer.

The jury started deliberating at 9:45. They went all the way through to 4:45 until they were excused for the day. They will pick it back up again tomorrow at 9:30.

The two jury notes mentioned earlier were not their notepads but rather questions they submitted to the judge. It does not say what the questions were, but they could have been legal clarifications, asking to see evidence again, etc.

Long deliberations tend to favor the defense. I'm hoping that the debate is a choice between 1st and 2nd degree sexual assault (force vs too intoxicated to consent), and not an impasse.

Jury headed to third day of deliberations in Matthew Maldonado, Nicholas Schultz rape trial

1382996_10151650724971881_1890011822_n.png

This case still makes my skin crawl. Makes me feel physically sick.

Hope the bastards really, really pay for this.

Hopefully the jury wants to get home early for the weekend and will finish soon.

lol @ part 5

Well the trial is scheduled to resume on Monday morning. Not sure if that's just a generic placeholder, or if they did that bc the jury is not going to finish today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back