O'neil Bell vs Tomasz Adamez Today on ESPN Classic

Thanks for the link.

Times almost up, you should be shaking off the yellow dubs soon.

Where did this Adamek come from? He fought like a robot against Dawson back at LH, and in this fight I saw Adamek throw combinations, use the ring, etc. etc.

Thanks for letting me know. I have to admit I goofed on Virchis-Gonzalez. They were scheduled for a heavyweight eliminator.

*blushes*

Virchis/Gomez is still supposed to happen, but because of the whole WBC mess, they moved the date it had to occur by from March to September.

Disappointing. Bell is at least an interesting character and I generally pull for him when he's in the ring. Oh well.

Thanks for letting me know. I have to admit I goofed on Virchis-Gonzalez. They were scheduled for a heavyweight eliminator.

*blushes*

Oooohh..
Vladimir Virchis? The heavy I was asking about and bostonmma & tam were giving some info on?
Cool. Can't wait to see that guy in the ring. Haven't had a chance yet but looking forward to it. The way boston described his style makes it something check out for.

Oooohh..
Vladimir Virchis? The heavy I was asking about and bostonmma & tam were giving some info on?
Cool. Can't wait to see that guy in the ring. Haven't had a chance yet but looking forward to it. The way boston described his style makes it something check out for.

Yeah. Vladimir Virchis. He was supposed to duke it out with Juan Carlos Gomez (former WNC cruiser champ).

Yeah, having dubs is no fun. I'm trying to be on my best behavior to get them off.

Man, I'm usually lax to use psychological explanations for fights results but for O'Neil Bell I'll make an exception.

He's always been an interesting cat, but since going AWOL right before his FNF bout at the end of last year and just looking out of it against Adamek I really wonder if out of the ring stuff is holding him back.

The only accounts I've been able to read on why Bell quit was due to him "being frustrated with his inability to counter Adamek's style." Has anyone else heard any other reasons?

While watching it I wondered if Bell was gassed due to lack of training or something, and didn't think he could either hurt Adamek or make the points back up, so there was no point in continuing.

Where did this Adamek come from? He fought like a robot against Dawson back at LH, and in this fight I saw Adamek throw combinations, use the ring, etc. etc.

I think in part was due to the fact that the Dawson fight was pushed on him too soon and he really had to drain himself to make weight. The dude looked bigger than Bell out there. Another thing is, Adamek hasn't really been letting his hands go as of late and that just killed him against Dawson. His straight right is a killer, as seen when he finally started engaging and knocked Dawson down pretty hard.

Definetly looking forward to the Cunningham fight, though it has the potential to be a dud.

If you saw only the Dawson fight, you saw nothing really. Adamek was badly sick before the fight, he was total crap in the ring, plus he had to put down a lot of weight for it. He lost it with his health rather than Dawson.

Should watch both fights vs Briggs and the one vs Ulrich. This was real Adamek. Now he is back in shape, doesn't have to keep the weight, yet hasn't lost speed. He should be really good at cruiser. I bet he will beat Cunningham relatively easily.

I never saw Adamek v Briggs - but who was the guy on this forum that was the big Briggs fan saying that Briggs was robbed in both fights?

I never saw Adamek v Briggs - but who was the guy on this forum that was the big Briggs fan saying that Briggs was robbed in both fights?

I caught the second one, good scrap.

What is up for Briggs these days?

Watching Briggs/Adamek 1 on youtube. How the hell could I have missed this fight? It's amazing.

Back