One weigh in that lasts forever

Hydration tests or continual weigh ins during training camps are a better idea.

What do you do about short notice replacements, fights on short notice, quick turn arounds etc? how are you gonna get 6 weigh ins in two weeks for example.

The fairest way is weigh ins on the day of the fight or something.
No reason you can't have replacement fighters. The point of multiple weigh ins is that you can't have a fighter dehydrate and stay that way for 6 weeks. Fighters will have to choose a weight class that they actually weigh in when in fight shape but without dehydrating.

Worst idea I have ever heard, you will have so many canceled fights. The goal should always be less organizational involvement. The current weight class system has worked for over 100 years, you cut too much weight your cardio and chin goes to shit, you cut no weight you are undersized in your division. There is no need to micro manage fighters. If they have half a brain and a decent team they will find what class works best for them.
How are fights cancelled? They get fined for missing weight not cancelled. You will have less cancelled fights as fighters will get injured less as they are not starving themselves while training and wont't get sick as often and have to pull out. Also the biggest benefit is that fighters can FIGHT more often. No need for months and months to recover from a weight cut.

I think you are forgetting that if you have less oversight that fighters and their camps will simply put more time and effort into gaming the system. There is ZERO chance to game the system in my suggestion as you will have fighters who miss weight lose $$$$$ and fight almost for free. That will make a guy or girl choose the weight they belong to.

Each man gets to bring a bag of weapons into the cage (no guns or blades)

The catch is that your opponent picks two weapons from your bag, one for him and one for you. You also do the same from your opponents bag

Thus it would behoove the combatants to secretly become a master in two obscure weapons which their opponent is unfamiliar with
The weapons should count towards your fight weight, so if you want to bring more weapons you’ll have to be at a weight disadvantage. Also, if you miss weight you’ll have to give up some weapons to make weight.

Yes, but so can Ngannou. The names of the weight classes would no longer have any meaning relative what they actually fight at, they would simply mean what their minimum weight is. So for example, perhaps Minimum Weight Class 180 would actually be the new heavyweight, if you insist on giving it a name that has something to do with what they actually fight at.
How many dozens of people do you think would die?

How many dozens of people do you think would die?

None because they have 2 months to do it and do not have to fight immediately afterwards, also no one would die to fight in the UFC.

Great idea
Copy-of-Copy-of-Copy-of-Copy-of-fat-loss-for-beginners.jpg
<6>

I think I like the hydration test the best for weight cutting

Open more weight classes and monitor hydration like in One. PA-LEEZ

Also do a fucking tournament Bellator style when they open the new weight class(es) whilst having a tuf season for said class(es)

None because they have 2 months to do it and do not have to fight immediately afterwards, also no one would die to fight in the UFC.
You're more naive than I thought. They now also have months to prepare. Let's take Aldo as an example. He had trouble making 135. Now he has one weigh in that defines his weight class for years. Everybody has time to prepare so big guys will try to go as light as possible and also try to hit 135. Let's say it looks like Aldo is not going to make 135. Don't you think he would try everything to reach 135 and probably even way lower than that? Because if he doesn't, he'll have to fight bigger guys not once, no, for years! Weight cutting is unhealthy and dangerous, your idea would be even more dangerous and many athletes would die or harm themselves for no reason.

You're more naive than I thought. They now also have months to prepare. Let's take Aldo as an example. He had trouble making 135. Now he has one weigh in that defines his weight class for years. Everybody has time to prepare so big guys will try to go as light as possible and also try to hit 135. Let's say it looks like Aldo is not going to make 135. Don't you think he would try everything to reach 135 and probably even way lower than that? Because if he doesn't, he'll have to fight bigger guys not once, no, for years! Weight cutting is unhealthy and dangerous, your idea would be even more dangerous and many athletes would die or harm themselves for no reason.

First, can we not resort to personal attacks as soon as you disagree? That’s not going to get you anywhere in life.

Second, I agree everyone would try to get much lower. What I’m saying though is that it is not obvious that it would be more dangerous than the current system because the current system incentivizes you to cut an extraordinary amount of weight in a very short period of time, and to do so repeatedly. In this system, you only have to do it once, and have months to prepare, and months to recover. Then you can do most of it using some healthy way, like just running a lot and a strict diet.

Roy Nelson would most likely have nobody to fight under these rules because he wouldn't lose an ounce.

This guy has to be stoned this is a stoner idea
Woodstock was a stoner idea man, everyone laughed at that dude too. Say, you got any Scampi Nik Naks or tomato Wheat Crunchies or anything man?

First, can we not resort to personal attacks as soon as you disagree? That’s not going to get you anywhere in life.

Second, I agree everyone would try to get much lower. What I’m saying though is that it is not obvious that it would be more dangerous than the current system because the current system incentivizes you to cut an extraordinary amount of weight in a very short period of time, and to do so repeatedly. In this system, you only have to do it once, and have months to prepare, and months to recover. Then you can do most of it using some healthy way, like just running a lot and a strict diet.
I had read back to see what the personal attack would be. I assume you mean the naive part? No offense meant, I meant to say, you don't really believe that, do you?!

Running and a strict diet won't get the weight down that much. Remember these guys already train and eat healthy all day for months. What they do is, they are taking the water out of their body until a point that their body doesn't function like it should. Giving them only one chance to do it will make them take even more out and will make it very, very dangerous.

I'm not saying what they have now is good but so far luckily nobody has died. With your idea I'm sure it would not take long. I don't know what they solution should be, probably just weighing in before the fight with the risk of losing late-minute fights but it will not change anytime soon I think

Back