One third of all 18-34 year old Americans live at home...

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.businessinsider.com/18-34-years-olds-living-with-parents-2014-6

Increasing numbers of young Americans are heading to college, where they're racking up debt to pay for rapidly increasing tuition costs.

Those graduating are being confronted by a challenging job market, which eventually leads many to just drop out of the labor force altogether.

This in turn has led to an increasing delinquency rate for student-loan borrowers.

So it's no surprise that young people are increasingly opting, perhaps out of necessity, to live at home with their parents.

This is depressing news.. it's extremely hard to find a decent paying job, even with a degree

cotd-adults-living-with-parents.jpg

I got a job 2 months out of school and at a rate that is higher than the average for my field.

Marketable skills and a personality, that's literally all you need.

I got a job 2 months out of school and at a rate that is higher than the average for my field.

Marketable skills and a personality, that's literally all you need.

Sounds like people need to get better personalities.

It's funny that real estate folks use that to advertise "pent up housing demand" what they dont' know is that many of these guys are perfectly happy spending their lives in their mom's basements. It's a new breed of sissified "men".

Shame so much manufacturing went overseas. But it's better to live with your moms than it is to make less than $15/hr.

i usually agree with your posts, but not this time. I would much rather have a shitty apartment than live with mommy and daddy (im 28)

Shame so much manufacturing went overseas. But it's better to live with your moms than it is to make less than $15/hr.

Not a chance, I moved out of my parents' home on minimum wage when I was 18 and I don't regret it in the slightest.

It's funny that real estate folks use that to advertise "pent up housing demand" what they dont' know is that many of these guys are perfectly happy spending their lives in their mom's basements. It's a new breed of sissified "men".

Your manliness is too much for this forum.

What are you basing this opinion on?

i usually agree with your posts, but not this time. I would much rather have a shitty apartment than live with mommy and daddy (im 28)

From an economical perspective, it's smarter to live at home.

hi WorldofWarcraft,

yes, it is depressing, very much so. the only upside is the strengthening of familial bonds as Americans pull together to weather the storm.

- IGIT

The idea that people should simply move out on their own just because they've reached a certain age is definitely something that should be re-examined.

if you are single, the best system is one where you alternate between your own home and your parents' home at will. you get the best of both choices.

Back