One thing they ppl don't talk about with Ronda

james31

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think she has the ground game to beat anyone in the world. I think she can easily beat nunes, shevy and holm when it gets to the ground. The problem is that she doesn't have a good gas tank to make it a nasty fight.

I don't think many ppl have noticed because her fights have been so quick but she was gassed against holm (ya she took damage) and gassed against Tate in her last fight but pulled it out. Got touched up in that fight too.

If she could stay in it early and eventually get it to the feet in rounds 2/3/4/5, she could win but I believe she's got 1 good round in her before she starts to gas and that's not gonna end well for her against strikers of that caliber.

giphy.gif

I've read the "white knights" of sherdog croon about Rondas ground game for years?

[QUOTE="james31, post: 119335503, member: 509253"Shevy[/QUOTE]

Stopped reading.

Edit:

And didn't care to edit.

I think she has the ground game to beat anyone in the world. I think she can easily beat nunes, shevy and holm when it gets to the ground. The problem is that she doesn't have a good gas tank to make it a nasty fight.

I don't think many ppl have noticed because her fights have been so quick but she was gassed against holm (ya she took damage) and gassed against Tate in her last fight but pulled it out. Got touched up in that fight too.

If she could stay in it early and eventually get it to the feet in rounds 2/3/4/5, she could win but I believe she's got 1 good round in her before she starts to gas and that's not gonna end well for her against strikers of that caliber.

giphy.gif

Everything begins with ones mental state in regards to combat sports.

She's done.

Meh, she only needs a round or 2 to beat most girls. She'd sub Pena in 1 round, she'd maul Nunes in the clinch and make her gas instantly, we've already seen her fight Tate, I think she subs Shevchenko.

I don't know if that is even true. She usually runs into punches to get in the clinch and then throws where she ends up in side control. We've never seen her end up in someone's guard that is good. I was really excited when she fought Alexis Davis, but she went full retard. We really need to see more of her ground game to determine how good she is on the ground.

I don't know if Rousey's cardio is bad, but her pace is certainly too high for her cardio level. For what it's worth, heard in an interview long ago that Rousey has a deviated septum that she never had surgery to repair. I'm assuming that has some impact on her cardio and explains why she mouth breathes a lot during and after fights.

I still favor Ronda over any of these up and comers lately.

The only fighters I'm nervous about are Holm and Cyborg....and Holm is beatable with a clinch and ground....Cyborg is rather big but they can meet at catchweight no excuses.

ronda gets decimated by cyborg whatever weight the fight takes place at. If the holm fight taught us anything its that ronda has nothing for cyborg. I think Nunes beats her as well. I view Nunes as the Vitor of wmma. You gotta take her into deep water to beat her. Ronda doesnt have the tank to do that and I dont think she gets her down early

Back