One thing is for certain

Eric Silva 2.0

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Whatever happens tonight doesn't change the fact that we were robbed of almost 7 years of Nick Diaz. Think about how fun it has been to watch Nate over the years. Nick is the better fighter and has an equally interesting personality. Too bad the weed rules were so strict. To me Nick barely looks like a fighter right now but that doesn't change the greatness he has inside of him. The guy is a true star, warrior and as unique as they come. I'm hoping for the best but have low expectations. Either way it's great to see the guy where he belongs, in the ring.

ufc-taunt.gif

Good lord it's almost like he had to follow a job or contract or something without opting out like a normal person?

He could have sold big, but hasn't done shit since 2011 BJ Penn.

My local sold out bar proves he could have been selling fights probably this entire time, but whatever. Now it's 10 years and nothing coming back to a 1-5 guy (and don't get me wrong, I'm watching at the same fucking bar we watched at in 2004, and I love both dudes) -- but he messed up. Lawler got the belt and put on a boner clinic with violence against Rory....

I put $100 Lawler against a friend I originally bet $50 on Diaz and we're back in the same fucking bar 17 years later..... I think the tab will be worse than any fight outcome possible.

Last edited:
Good lord it's almost like he had to follow a job or contract or something without opting out like a normal person?

He could have sold big, but hasn't done shit since 2011 BJ Penn.

My local sold out bar proves he could have been selling fights probably this entire time, but whatever. Now it's 10 years and nothing coming back to a 1-5 guy (and don't get me wrong, I'm watching at the same fuckinhg bar we watched at in 2004, and I love both dudes) -- but he messed up.
He obviously has some type of anxiety/social disorder. He uses weed to help him relax. It is what it is. I love to watch the guy fight, i'm a fan. Technically he's 0-2, if you count Silva on gear he's 0-3 and won the 2 before that. He's 3-3 in the last 6. How do you get 1-5?

He obviously has some type of anxiety/social disorder. He uses weed to help him relax. It is what it is. I love to watch the guy fight, i'm a fan. Technically he's 0-2, if you count Silva on gear he's 0-3 and won the 2 before that. He's 3-3 in the last 6. How do you get 1-5?
Lawler is who I bet on, and he's 1-5 in the last 6.

Back in 2004 I bet on Diaz but when faced with riggs/sherk/sanchez. it was kind of a foregone conclusion. Ribbie can wrestle fuck this if he's not stupid and will likely be stronger.

I just hope it's fun.

Huge fan of the Diaz brothers but to be fair even after the ban was overturned Nick still didn't fight . Now he's openly admitted he's only coming back because the plans he had for opening a gym fell through . Can't wait for this fight and I'm praying Nick Diaz isn't so washed that it's just sad .

The MMA fans are the unfortunate victims in all this, think of the many celebrated moments that we’ve lost due to the corrupt NSAC and UFC attempting to hold Nick Diaz to these ridiculous standards... it’s not like there are 500+ other active fighters on the roster who somehow uphold their end of this ludicrous and unrewarding rules set forth
<{fry}>

How is it that weed use results in far harsher punishment than cocaine?

NSAC are true true scumbags..I imagine some of them dabble in the booger sugar themselves

Nick chose not to fight, and honestly it was probably a great choice. He should have stayed retired.

Nick and Nate were both very good, but they could never win the big fight when it mattered. Could never get the UFC gold.

Sadly I just can't see Nick Diaz winning this fight.
Lawler should be stronger, and more aggressive. But even he has lost so many fights recently.

I just hope this fight doesn't end up looking like Romero vs Adesanya or Ngannou vs Lewis with just 2 men posturing. Last thing we need is a huge disappointment.

Nick chose not to fight, and honestly it was probably a great choice. He should have stayed retired.

Nick and Nate were both very good, but they could never win the big fight when it mattered. Could never get the UFC gold.

Nate did. he beat Conor when Conor was the man, and he did it on short notice coming off a vacation.

Technically we were only robbed of Diaz for 18 months. He appealed the 5 year suspension and got it reduced to 18 months, so he could have come back to fighting any time from August 1st, 2016. He just chose to sit out the rest of the time.

Technically we were only robbed of Diaz for 18 months. He appealed the 5 year suspension and got it reduced to 18 months, so he could have come back to fighting any time from August 1st, 2016. He just chose to sit out the rest of the time.
<WellThere>

Lawler is who I bet on, and he's 1-5 in the last 6.

Back in 2004 I bet on Diaz but when faced with riggs/sherk/sanchez. it was kind of a foregone conclusion. Ribbie can wrestle fuck this if he's not stupid and will likely be stronger.

I just hope it's fun.
I would bet Robbie as well.

it was a huge waste. i've thought about that many times myself. dude missed like half of his own prime.

Back