One Thing I Respect About Jones

jlj49er

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Opinions about what Jon Jones is doing and speculation about his reasoning abound. I'm pretty comfortable saying he has the most fervent haters and huggers on the forum.

I'm still wading through the information and sources to determine my own view of the situation. The one thing I have decided is that with the UFC and particularly Dana White attitude towards guys who stand against them and don't toe the company line, I absolutely respect his resolve.

Tito, both Shamrocks, Rampage, Fedor, Couture etc have all been vilified and disrespected for doing the same. Jones is being pressured by the company, fans, media, and other fighters and is not giving in. It shows a great deal of strength to stick to your guns knowing how that normally goes.

Despite the certainty people are showing, no one here knows to whole story or Jones motivation. Depending on how things play out, a lot of opinions could change. Regardless of that, Jones is showing incredible resolve and I respect that.

He fights for his best interests just like he fights in the cage.

Is it really surprising that, people bickering on then internet and company men don't scare Jones.The guys a legend in and out the cage.

Any of the people bashing him would do the same thing if they valued their personal brand so of course it doesn't bother him.

Jon Jones is in a great position and as such is simply utilizing all the perks at his disposal. He's a one of a kind attraction,maybe the best fighter in the world right now. I would pretty much try to do and get whatever i want if i were him.

Opinions about what Jon Jones is doing and speculation about his reasoning abound. I'm pretty comfortable saying he has the most fervent haters and huggers on the forum.

I'm still wading through the information and sources to determine my own view of the situation. The one thing I have decided is that with the UFC and particularly Dana White attitude towards guys who stand against them and don't toe the company line, I absolutely respect his resolve.

Tito, both Shamrocks, Rampage, Fedor, Couture etc have all been vilified and disrespected for doing the same. Jones is being pressured by the company, fans, media, and other fighters and is not giving in. It shows a great deal of strength to stick to your guns knowing how that normally goes.

Despite the certainty people are showing, no one here knows to whole story or Jones motivation. Depending on how things play out, a lot of opinions could change. Regardless of that, Jones is showing incredible resolve and I respect that.
I don't like Jones, but Amen to that.

Last edited:
Is it really surprising that, people bickering on then internet and company men don't scare Jones.The guys a legend in and out the cage.

Yes and no in a way.

I work in a fairly dangerous industry and saw a safety issue which I blew the whistle on. I was overruled and subsequently refused to stay on the job and asked to be home. My coworkers, supervisors, and even my parents questioned my decision. I knew I was right but the pressure was tough to deal with. I understand what you're saying, but that doesn't always make it easy.

Definitely has the most fervent haters, but not the most fervent huggers.

That position is reserved for BJ, Nick Diaz, Fedor etc

It takes no strength to hide. A child could do that. A real man steps up to a challenge.

don't forget Baby Jay. He walked away as champion and gave DW a big FU

Jones would do well to remember who butters his bread.

say those that want to keep others from realizing their potential. Some men won't be kept down. We call them winners.

Not a lot of leaders on this forum

say those that want to keep others from realizing their potential. Some men won't be kept down. We call them winners.

Not a lot of leaders on this forum
Winners don't avoid a challenge.

It takes no strength to hide. A child could do that. A real man steps up to a challenge.

exactly, people are praising him for not doing his job?!?! wtf lol
its not like he's arguing about getting paid. the man gets PAID!

gus is the #1 contender according to his employers, so fucking do your job and fight the man. he's probably just mad that he has to fight someone that can actually hit him when he reach's out with his "five-finger-open-hand-eye-destroyer" techniques.

What I respect about Jones is how dangerous and crafty he is as a fighter.

I am less impressed by his resolve to not fight Gustaffson.

please,such bullshit

in that sense a man should do whatever is hard no matter if it makes sense or not

Im somehow so out of the loop with this whole Jones Dana beef thats happening... Can somebody fill me in ??

- Why is Jones not signing the contract to fight Gus... Is it simply because he doesnt think Gus has earned it yet? Is it due to him wanting to restructure his contract???

Nobody should be pressured to take a hard fight when easier fights are available.

Definitely has the most fervent haters, but not the most fervent huggers.

That position is reserved for BJ, Nick Diaz, Fedor etc

the fact that people are defending him when he's completely wrong, proves it.
how can anyone defend one of the highest paid MMA fighters when he's refusing to fight. AGAIN.

Back