One thing Conor can't adjust before 202

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Superlative, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Superlative

Superlative Shooto All-City Champion

Experience....

Conor already had decent boxing, his ground game is widely debated, and we all saw his cardio. But those were only part of the reason why he lost. When speaking on 196 people hardly point out the fact that Diaz's experience was a major contributor to his path to victory.

So with all of the adjustments Conor is making it will be interesting to see how well he can combat Diaz's veteran IQ in the octagon.

How much do you guys think experience will play a factor in the rematch?

NightwingBJJ likes this.
  2. Filthymaggot

Filthymaggot Badger Milk is not a PED.

Nate has 29 pro fights.
    Conor has 22 pro fights.

They are both plenty experienced.

TheLuckiest, tatsuke, Jkaylor and 6 others like this.
  3. Haj01

Haj01 Silver Belt

I wonder if he knows how to adjust his tie for his tree piece suit. Doesn't matter tho, he has servants to do that shit for him.

{<Mcgoat}

4. NotSurprised

NotSurprised Orange Belt

Well, this should end quickly.

Filthymaggot likes this.
  5. sirmorbach

sirmorbach These violent delights have violent ends

Those who weren't able to fulfill the King's expectations on adjusting his tie are probably buried in the desert by now, side by side with Chad Mendes.

6. Aluminati

Aluminati Oberst der Wolgadeutschen

Well, since Conor just experienced his first public humiliation on this scale, I'd say that it should play about as much of a role as it did in the first one. A big difference. If Conor gets in trouble again, I wouldn't be surprised if he folds again. He does seem like someone who could learn from his mistakes, if he admits that they were mistakes.

I still think this fight is a coin flip, due to Diaz having a penchant for inconsistency, and how big of an advantage Nate has in experience, toughness, chin, and grappling.

ArtOfDrowning likes this.
  7. Lint

Lint jmp dword ptr [ebp+8] Platinum Member

Conor would have to train for something not pushing the fight non-stop until getting a KO, in other words, something different from what he always did.

Refrain from his usual gameplan will have to keep stamina for the later rounds, something we don't know how good will or will not be. That would also lead to him being tagged more then what he usually is, so his chin will also be tested. Will also open up chances for him to be taken down.

So if I were Conor, I'd do exactly the same thing he did his entire life and hope that this time it will work. Too much change just to try something new. But I understand if Conor does the opposite, it really comes to how good is him when not trying to do old-timey-Overeem against his adversary.

8. Somethindarker

Somethindarker Orange Belt

It's not the quantity but the quality if you seriously believe the caliber of opponents Conor has gone through compared to Diaz are even then you're a fucking idiot. Diaz has been fighting nothing but top fighters for years and is still around which is why his record looks the way it is. Conors record would look similar if he had fought the same people, weight class aside.

9. chickenlip

chickenlip Navy blue belt

The Mayberry lounge by way of Staten Island, NY
    Realistically speaking, the biggest advantage Nate had going in to that fight was the ability to take a beating. He's always been durable which is great for him although I don't think he will take nearly as much damage this upcoming fight

10. AKA_Steve_B

AKA_Steve_B Veteran Hall of Fame belt

Can't adjust his panic level when he gets in trouble either.....
    Conor better hope he puts Nate away early or else his confidence will wither the longer it goes....

LeBron and leevancleef1 like this.
  11. leevancleef1

leevancleef1 White Belt

Can't adjust his panic level when he gets in trouble either.....
    Conor better hope he puts Nate away early or else his confidence will wither the longer it goes....

I agree with this....Conor's best chance is to be on fire with his boxing...busting Diaz up as well as attacking Diaz with body shots and kicks...so that he can wear him down.

If he cant do that - he is in deep trouble...

12. Topguntrophey

Topguntrophey Brown Belt

Experience never plays a part of anything. Nor does speed. Or strength. Or having your eyes open. Or lights on in the stadium.

[​IMG]
    Conor Threads

13. Coconut Joe

Coconut Joe Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

One thing TS can't adjust before UFC 202...Having made this horrendous thread.

Jkaylor likes this.
  14. Hoop

Hoop Black Belt

Yeah, he did show his experience and nous in the 1st fight. Some of the shots Conor landed hurt him and had him backing up, but for every clean shot Conor landed, he missed or grazed a lot more. I think that experience will hold Conor in good stead, too.

The amount of media Diaz is doing now so close before a fight is all new to him. He seems to be handling it well, but as GSP and Conor have attested to, it can drain you. I don't think if Conor wins the fight it's because Diaz done too much media. In any sport, a sportsman/woman being asked the same question must be irritating - and especially for fighters who are doing the media and training on the go is not ideal.

But for the majority of the time, it's who's the better fighter on the night.

15. NightwingBJJ

NightwingBJJ R.I.P To The King II Long.Live.GU€RNICA

Can't Wait:D

16. Rondas Pillow

Rondas Pillow Black Belt

17. bigconan

bigconan Gold Belt

Name 3 fighters that nate has beaten that are better than: Aldo, mendes and holloway. I wanna know....

18. RhinoRush

RhinoRush Company Veteran Double Yellow Card

Chin. We've seen Conor get hit on the chin hard ONCE in his career. And he got finished shortly after. Conor will get hit again, and he will crumble again. His soft Irish chin is the defining weakness in his game.

19. Soul On Ice

Soul On Ice Steel Belt

{<huh}

20. Bewareofdawg

Bewareofdawg Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

[​IMG]

Haj01 likes this.