News One step close to THE Fight. Abdelaziz urges Ferguson to accept the fight.

Agreed TS -- this is the first I've heard Abdelaziz even acknowledge that Ferguson/Nurmagomedov was a possibility much less that Ferguson should accept the fight. I think he finally let go of the delusion that the GSP fight was a thing for Khabib's next fight.

Yes it's good news that everyone seems to have put the GSP thing rest. There are more interesting fights to make IMHO.

<Moves> Haters gonna hate.

and INDOCTRIMANTED fools are gonna be brain washed and think ameica is a RACIST and bigoted country ha!!!?
FOOOOOKIN TROLL<45><45><45>

and INDOCTRIMANTED fools are gonna be brain washed and think ameica is a RACIST and bigoted country ha!!!?
FOOOOOKIN TROLL<45><45><45>

You got issues. Get some help.
giphy.webp

Habib has spent the large majority of his career fighting in the bush leagues and being injured and now he “needs more time.”

Lovely. Just lovely.

Habib has spent the large majority of his career fighting in the bush leagues and being injured and now he “needs more time.”

Lovely. Just lovely.

Seriously, why can't you just wait 2-3 month longer. Is it really that big of an issue? What will it change?

It's not like he's ducking the fight or holding the division hostage by going to boxing for a year.

This is what happens when you have a belt and a billionaire benefactor.

It takes a rare breed to still hunger when you’re not even hungry.

Lovely. Just lovely.

This is what happens when you have a belt and a billionaire benefactor.

It takes a rare breed to still hunger when you’re not even hungry.

Isn't it lovely that we gonna have the biggest fight ever in LW (not talking PPV numbers and such BS) in just a couple of month :)?

Khabib's manager Ali Abdelaziz spoke to ESPN in an interview and urged Tony Ferguson to accept fight vs Khabib is March or April next year:

(Timestamped)

If you want to hear Abdelaziz rant a little less, timestamped here:

----------

This is one step closer to the fight we all want. Whatever you think about Abdelaziz, this is good news. Things are moving in the right direction.

P.S. Abdelaziz is one irritating fukk

it always was on tony to make it happen not khabib side.

ali is the best manager in the game that why everyone one signs with him.

it always was on tony to make it happen not khabib side.

ali is the best manager in the game that why everyone one signs with him.
Seems like both sides want to make it happen, but people still unhappy about march - april, they want it next week.

It's really weird to see him rant about Tony not deserving it because of inactivity and going over the years when Khabib isn't the most active fighter either.

2014 - 1 fight
2015 - 0 fights
2016 - 2 fights
2017 - 1 fight
2018 - 2 fights
2019 - 1 fight

We can play that game too.

champs have to fit into ppv dates and khabib alwyas will have the summer off.

khabib cant help the nsac doing what they did and he didnt fight at ufc 235

Seems like both sides want to make it happen, but people still unhappy about march - april, they want it next week.

it cause you cant make everyone happy. the fight could happen tom and people be mad cause it didnt happen years ago.

Really? Was it after of before UFC 242?

I think I've heard him say after UFC 242 that we could expect a PPV in Russia soon :D.

it was before and dana also said conor was gone fight twice in 2019 as well.

he said the time difference would make things harder.

It's really weird to see him rant about Tony not deserving it because of inactivity and going over the years when Khabib isn't the most active fighter either.

2014 - 1 fight
2015 - 0 fights
2016 - 2 fights
2017 - 1 fight
2018 - 2 fights
2019 - 1 fight

We can play that game too.
Not to mention Tony already called for the fight for December but Khabib is the one holding out to march because he needs rest from his agonizing one fight this year.

it was before and dana also said conor was gone fight twice in 2019 as well.

he said the time difference would make things harder.

Found the quote:

Well at least it doesn't seem impossible. Obviously Dana has a track history of lying, but in this case I think that if Khabib really wants it and stands his ground, we'll get a PPV. Especially with Khabib's Gazprom Arena plans in St. Petersburg.

I'm sure that event with Khabib v Ferg headlining it will break Adesanya v Whittaker attendance record.
Also Khabib said in his latest interview that I translated, that it's about 80% chance of him fighting in Russia next and that they are really close in the negotiations.

Back