PBP ONE on TNT 1: Adriano Moraes vs Demetrious Johnson 5:30/8:30pm PT/ET Apr 7 Discussion Thread

In a boxing match , are you really such a dunce to suggest that. The stupidity of some people here ceases to amaze me

It was a joke, because Floyd DID fight a kickboxer who beat Rodtang at Rizin 14, in an exhibition.

You are a fucking idiot. <45>

It was a joke, because Floyd DID fight a kickboxer who beat Rodtang at Rizin 14, in an exhibition.

You are a fucking idiot. <45>
First off Fuck you , Second I replied the way I did it because there are actually a lot of idiots on here who would suggest such a stupid match up

To broadly generalize, Muay Thai scoring is based on damage & effect. If you knock the guy down, wobble him, slice him up, or make him limp, it scores heavily in your favour. If you're landing clean punches but it doesn't stop him from walking through them to do more damage of his own, your punches will score poorly. It's about doing damage and imposing your will, you're not going to be scored well if you can't stop the opponent from doing what he wants to do. This is why Williams lost rounds 2 and 3.

I don't really think Rodtang was more effective in the third round, certainly he won the third but he looked to be at a noticable speed disadvantage in the third and I thought Williams landed the cleaner strikes, while neither were rocked at any point.

If Williams was the one with the hype behind him there isn't a doubt in my mind he gets his hand raised in that fight.

Back